Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin girl names

Hybrid View

Twin girl names

I am about 9 weeks pregnant with twins. I have two daughters, Ruby June & Lucy Pearl. Originally, I was working from this list:

Amy
    Annie
    Cora
    Daisy
    Evie
    Maggie
    Molly
    Poppy
    Sadie
    Tessa

Middles: Mae, Rose, Kate, Snow, Eve, Love

But now, I'm feeling overwhelmed in every way and have barely thought about names in the weeks since we found out. Do any of the above strike you as great twin names or is it back to the drawing board? Right now, I'm thinking Sadie & Molly or possibly Anna & Emma which maybe is too cutesy? I don't know. I'm completely open to suggestion at this point. If we have one boy/one girl, the boy would probably be Felix or Leo. What do you like for twin girls? Any strategies?

I think Cora and Tessa would be a great twin combo that would also go well as siblings with Ruby and Lucy. Either one would go great with either boy option. Good luck.
    **Annabelle Rose and Charles Frederick have completed our little family.**

All of the choices listed are beautiful. You have great taste.
    It would be rather sweet to continue the gemstone theme in the middle. Although, ruby and pearl are colors as well.

I notice you like Maggie, Daisy, and Mae, all of which can be nicknames for Margaret. A great name, meaning pearl.

Other names that come to mind:
    Iris
    Lillian
    Blythe
    Elise
    Corinne
    Mariel
    Vera

Gems:
    Jade
    Beryl
    Coral
    Opal
    Amber
    Ivory

Colors:
    Rose
    Violet
    Hazel
    Lavender
    Olive
    Lilac
    Poppy
    Scarlet
    Slate
    Sienna
    Raven
    Grey

P.S. I don't think Anna and Emma is cutesy, but it'd be hard to hear the difference if you're shouting. Anna and Sadie is a rather lovely combination, though.

I notice you like Maggie, Daisy, and Mae, all of which can be nicknames for Margaret. A great name, meaning pearl.

Yes! Actually, we are trying to honor my husband's grandma Margaret!

I would *definitely* strike from your list all the names ending in -y or the -ee sound, as you already have Ruby and Lucy. You might also pick monosyllabic or 3-syllable names for variety, too. Every single name on your list is 2 syllables and 3/4 of them end with the same sound, -ee.

Pearl was a nice thought. So would be longer vintage names, like Helena or Viola. I think some phonetic variety makes the sibset sound much more interesting-- Ruby, Lucy, Pearl and Violet sound much more cohesive than over-matchy Ruby, Lucy, Annie, Maggie.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq