Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    I probably wouldn't use it myself except as a middle name, but I quite like it! I think it would be cute to meet a little boy named Lion! I like it especially as a nn for Lionel or another Lion-esque name, so he can have a more mellow name if he pleases.

Haha, do it. It's not too out there, it's cute. I say it's not too out there because there's names that mean Lion. So you might as well.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

Personally, I don't like many animal names for human first names. I don't like Lion, Wolf, Fox etc...Strangely enough, I don't feel the same way regarding bird names. I don't mind something more subtle like Peregrine (eg. Falcon) or using Wren or Lark in the middle spot. Maybe it's a mammal vs. bird issue for me...or maybe it's the sound of the names. Some of the names are full of macho swagger that turns me off completely. It's almost like parents are trying to pick the most masculine name for their son to send an agressive message to the world (I named my boy Lion and hear him roar!).
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I agree I think it is a cool name, cute name, would be cool to meet one. But I think there are alternatives as well. Plus my boyfriend would never allow that name lol way too adventurous for him. I was just curious to see what others thought about it!
    Last edited by scarlett13001; May 24th, 2013 at 11:32 PM.
    TTC #1
    Hoping to have a little Ragazzo or Ragazza soon.

I personally prefer Leo. I don't think Lion is SO out there. But it is quite unique.
    mamacravings.com
    Everything a mama could want

Blessed mama to 3 year-old Elijah Myles & to 6 precious angels babies.

crushes:
    Amelia Wren, Charlotte Adair, Josepine Elise, Genevieve Ruth, Susanna Caroline, Cordelia Mae

Josiah Davis, Charles Asher, Jeremiah August, Lawrence Henry