Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Emmeline

39 92.86%
  • Emmaline

3 7.14%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Still looking

I love both Emmaline and Elaine, so even though this is a month late, I wanted to comment

To me, Emmeline is pronounced em-uh-leen, and I've always preferred the "look" of Emmaline. It seems to me more clear, and was a favorite made-up name of mine before I knew it existed as a real name

And I kind of like Emmaline Elaine as a combo, despite its repetativeness. Then again, I'm pronouncing Elaine as EE-lane, not ih-LANE, which might make a difference. Emmaline and ih-LANE both start with a soft e, whereas Emmaline and EE-lane start with different variations of the letter e.
    Proud author of Kissimmee, Orlando, Mary, Adam, Mississippi, Micah, Georgette, Evelyn, Diane, Millicent, Maybeline, Prudence and so many many more

I do struggle to make Emmaline Elaine work, if I'm honest, but not sure how close you want to stick to Elaine - it's the French form of Helen I think, so Emmaline Helen?

Or cut Emmaline down to Emma and go with Emma Elaine?

I like Emmeline spelled this way, as it is the original spelling.

Elaine means "bright, shining one," so how about choosing a mn that has a similar meaning? Claire means "bright and clear," and I love the combo Emmeline Claire.
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

Caroline Grace, Luke Donovan

Quote Originally Posted by kyemsma View Post
    I like Emmeline spelled this way, as it is the original spelling.

Elaine means "bright, shining one," so how about choosing a mn that has a similar meaning? Claire means "bright and clear," and I love the combo Emmeline Claire.
    Great suggestion. Otherwise I would choose a different 1st. Emmeline Elaine is too repetitive to me. It reminds me of when my mother would get confused with which one of us she meant to call out to and would end up with "emi-lei-elisabeth".
    Some current considerations:

Sylvie Coraline | Etta Rosalie | Hazel Miranda | Margot Eliza | Vivienne Esme | Cora Madeleine
    Archer Daniel | Emmett Sebastian | Ezra Donovan | Theo Anderson | Lucian Matteo | Milo Vincent

LOVE Emmeline! I agree that Emmaline makes more sense for Emma-line, and I think you could be fine using it, as it's currently the more popular spelling. I do think Emmaline Elaine/Emmeline Elaine is very singsongy--what about a second middle? Like Emmaline Claire Elaine, or Emmeline Sofia Elaine, etc.? Or even Emmeline Sophie Elena? Something along those lines?