Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by emmabobemma View Post
    I know an Amaury. He's Dominican. Prefers to be called Henry, but sometimes I slip up, because it's such an irresistible name.
    Amaury is quite common among Dominicans. I know a number of them. It's really pretty in Spanish but still gives off a manly vibe.

My own GP - Brisa. I love it. Love love love it. But the fiancé just laughed at me and said he was not naming a future child Breeze.
    Little Bean arriving September 2014

Zoe | Noemí Esther
    Lucas Emmanuel | Levi Alexander

Adele | Adira | Arabella | Aurora | Eliana | Elizabeth | Milena | Susannah | Zara

Geeknamesyo: Love it. Tinamou could be a pet-name for a Bettina, Faustina or Christina...
    I'd never thought of that! Hmm, I rather like Bettina. Adding it to the list!

And shvibziks, I love Olga Marina Mathilde. Just gorgeous. I know a Mathilde! When I met her, I felt like I was meeting a celebrity because I was just so excited about her name. And I'm seriously considering bumping Visenya from GP to usable-as-a-second-middle. I think she's obscure enough in the series that people might not link the name to ASOIAF immediately, anyway.
    Gwen
    (film student, name nerd, regular nerd, bad influence)

Current favorites:
    Ismay Cleo Sybella Ailsa Iphigenia
    Prosper Sirius August Malcolm Zephyr

Shivziks: Hooray! Thanks for the historical tidbits. Are all Danish girls as royal-obsessed as you? I want to know what you've been reading, you interesting young person. Happy to hear that Ingrid won't be hidden out of sight in your Anna combo. The Dagmar Xenia Alexandra connection is neat. My mom is an Alexandra. I thought about using Xenia at one point to honor her (because of the X) and this gives that concept a little extra substance. I'd love to use Dagmar Xenia, but my husband tends to prefer humbler names. I'm going to keep it in my back pocket anyway.
    I know an Amaury. He's Dominican. Prefers to be called Henry, but sometimes I slip up, because it's such an irresistible name.
    No, sadly. We are all very proud of our royal family (the most popular monarchy in all of Europe!), but it's only very few Danes who actually the (rather interesting) history behind the monarchy in Denmark. Haha, well Dagmar Xenia is a "grand" name, but absolutely ravishing nevertheless. Ah, why does one choose to go by another name, when you're named something as beautiful as Amaury, that is beyond me

Quote Originally Posted by geeknamezyo View Post
    I'd never thought of that! Hmm, I rather like Bettina. Adding it to the list!

And shvibziks, I love Olga Marina Mathilde. Just gorgeous. I know a Mathilde! When I met her, I felt like I was meeting a celebrity because I was just so excited about her name. And I'm seriously considering bumping Visenya from GP to usable-as-a-second-middle. I think she's obscure enough in the series that people might not link the name to ASOIAF immediately, anyway.
    Mathilde is a wonderful name, very classy and beautiful but still a very strong name
    I'm also strongly contemplating putting both Rhaenys and Visenya on my list of middles. Even if people recognise the names from the ASOIAF books, the two characters were strong women who would make great namesakes (Visenya more than Rhaenys, but still).
    Zelia/Elja • Nineteen • Name and history nerd from an early age • I have a blog.
    Trying hard to export beautiful old Danish names, magical Danish nature names and exotic Greenlandic names.
    Current favourite combinations: Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor • Alexander Adelin Lórien
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel • Gaia Margaret Undómiel

My GP names that I don't think I could ever use are Eponine, Nautica and Godiva (saw that on here the other day, thought it was absolutely beautiful).

Other unusual but useable names I like are Delta, Zelda, and Greer. Anniston is a name I'm not sure which of these two categories it would fit into.

Boys names, I am much more conservative. I think my most "out there" boys choices are Maxim, Amos and Heath.

guilty pleasures:
    Mackinley Alice
    Everleigh Scarlett

Canyon Alexander
    Revere Bennett

usable names:
    Elisabeth Kate "Elise"
    Cassandra Vivienne "Cassia"

William Anthony "Liam"
    Alexander Mason "Xander"
    Current Favorites:
    { Elisabeth "Elise" Kate :: Cassandra "Cassia" Vivienne :: Charlotte "Charlie" Lorraine :: Rosalie Nicole :: Catalina "Cate" Lucy }
    { Adam Carson :: Camden Bennett :: Alexander "Xander" Mason :: Aidan Blake :: William "Liam" Anthony :: Everett Cole }