Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by emmabobemma View Post
    Shvibziks, you are a rare bird. I love your taste. Here are some mix-ups of your names. Hope you don't mind.

Amaury Adelin Charles
    Amaury Philip Inigo
    Amaury William Inigo
    Amaury Felix Fyodor
    Archibald Hugo Theodosius
    Archibald Hugo Fyodor
    Archibald Henry Alexander

As lovely as Mithandir sounds, its LOTRness makes it a true GP imo.
    And Illyrio... I haven’t seen Game of Thrones, so I don’t have the association. Just sounds like a masculinized Illyria to me. There’s Ilario, which is an Italian form of the Ancient Roman Hilarius. Might be slightly more useable because it’s got some history.

Amaury Malik Ilario

Anna Ingrid Alexandra is very royal! It’s sad to bury beautiful Ingrid in the middle, though I admit the flow is fantastic. Would you consider doing a compound name, “Anna Ingrid”?

Matilda Olga Marina has too many A-endings for my ear. The star of this combination is Olga, imo. Such a beautiful, stern, deep name.

Visenya would be great with Olga, but I wish it had history beyond The Game of Thrones. Drat! What a cool slinky sound.
    Instead of Visenya:
    Olga Verusha Myrrine
    Olga Victoria Maris
    Olga Ksenia Maren
    Olga Marina Bjørk

Olga Marina Mathilde (“mah-TEELD”)
    Olga Marina Maude

And Dagmar. I’m mad mad mad about Dagmar. I was seriously thinking I’d name a daughter Dagmar, but decided it was too random for an American kid. Please use it.

Dagmar Xenia Alexandra (Double X! Vulgar? Perhaps, but I like it.)
    Dagmar Embla Vilhelmine
    Dagmar Matilda Pipaluk
    Dagmar Ingrid Maude

Oh your names make me so happy!
    Ah, I'm so glad you like them, and obviously I don't mind at all

I absolutely adore Amaury Adelin Charles, Amaury Felix Fyodor, Archibald Hugo Fyodor and Archibald Henry Alexander. I'm especially intrigued by pairing Amaury with Adelin because I've looked for a way out of the whole 'William Adelin' thing (it's such a lovely combination, however, William Adelin (Henry I of England's son) apparently was spoiled rotten and that's pretty much all that is known about him, so I don't know how good a namesake he is).

Actually, Illyrio is not so much a ASOIAF reference (because Illyrio Mopatis isn't that great a namesake) as it is an appreciation of the name and the sound of the name. Mithrandir is very much a gp name, but having been an appreciator of LOTR from a young age, I actually could see myself using it (just have to find the right combo, which is pretty hard because what goes with Mithrandir).

I'm one of those odd people who actually is contemplating naming a daughter Anna Ingrid Alexandra and then just calling her Ingrid. I just love how the name flows (and I also feel less of a plagiarist putting Anna in front of Ingrid Alexandra (curse you Norwegian Crown Princely family, curse you!)). Anna Ingrid - perhaps hyphenated even - sounds lovely though

My initial combination was Maude Olga Marina, but I swapped it with Matilda because it would add another namesake (Empress Matilda, who I seem to have developed a historical crush on). And I agree that Olga is a pearl, it's really a shame that it's so hated. I love Olga Victoria Maris, Olga Marina Bjørk and Olga Marina Mathilde (Mathilde is such a lovely name, though extremely popular here in Denmark).

Dagmar really is a wonderful name, very strong and beautiful. Dagmar Xenia Alexandra is a wonderful combination (and the double x isn't vulgar at all) and actually is has such strong links in history. Maria Feodorovna (wife of Tsar Alexander III) was a Danish Princess whose real name was Dagmar (or Marie, but she went by Dagmar). Dagmar's daughter was named Xenia and her sister was named Alexandra (as in Alexandra of Denmark, Queen of the United Kingdom). I also love Dagmar Matilda Pipaluk.

Your combinations are so lovely, thank you for taking your time to make them
    Last edited by shvibziks; May 29th, 2013 at 07:39 PM.
    Zelia/Elja • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and a royalty blog.
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names.
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Elessar/Valdemar Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Juno Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

I have so many unusable names that I like ;_;

Guilty Pleasures:
    Wilhelmina [love, love, love this name but I feel like my daughter would get teased for having such a big name, but I'll probably use it anyway]
    Tuesday
    Sunday
    Wednesday
    Clementine
    Winnie [Curse you, Winnie the Pooh]
    Huckleberry [OMG I love this name ;_; Huck is such a cute nn but yeah can't use for same reason as Wilhelmina]
    Finnegan
    Oberon
    Cullen ["Hey Cullen, have you ever read Twilight?"]
    Sailor

Usable:
    Mavis
    Frances
    August [Idk if I like it better for boy or girl though]
    Miranda
    Orlando
    A 16 year old girl with a penchant for names (◡‿◡✿)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Current Favorites [changes frequently]:
    ♀: Sylvie, Lux, Romy, Ottilie, Maisie, Pearl
    ♂: Leo, Atlas, Ezra, Archer, Beau, Flynn

Usable and eccentric:
    Marigold
    Sailor
    Mavis
    Winifred
    Nella
    Zephyr
    Erasmus
    Ignatius
    Waldo
    Revel
    Darwin
    Atlas
    Luther
    Caius
    Roscoe
    Dashiell
    Linus
    Polly
    Greta
    Guinevere
    Mabel
    Odette

Guilty pleasure:
    Vesper and Hesper
    Hero
    Ursula
    Ripley (for a girl...YES I KNOW)
    Salome
    Thisbe
    Columbine
    Halcyon
    Valentine
    Holiday
    Pilot
    Romer
    Starling
    Ferdinand
    Auberon
    Orlando
    Erasmus
    Merlin
    Quincy
    Sparrow
    Adelvice
    Fox
    Valor
    Solace
    Allouette
    Jemima
    Valkyrie

Though if I had an adventurous partner, the sky would be the limit...

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

Quote Originally Posted by augusta_lee View Post
    Ripley (for a girl...YES I KNOW)
    Oh my goodness, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who totally guilty-pleasure-likes that name
    Zelia/Elja • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and a royalty blog.
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names.
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Elessar/Valdemar Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Juno Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

Quote Originally Posted by beeba View Post
    My guilty pleasure names are those that are too religious or a little too over the top.

Guilty Pleasures:
    Rhapsody Aphrodite
    Leopold Jebediah

Usables:
    Thisbe Rapunzel
    Rhett Wolfgang

I how I love Rapuzel, but I would not be so brave! I have considered names from rare fairy tales most aren't familiar with, however. That's where I found Catharinella.
    http://www.onceuponatimebabynames.com/
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9772380 (please vote!)

Due December 13, 2014 (12/13/14) It's a boy!
    Castalia, Vasilisa, Indrina, Ottilie, Rosmira, Calluna, Faustine, Hildana, Selenia
    ... Alaric, Macsen, Jove, Hawthorn, Stellan, Rainier, Evander, Cillian, Casper