Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Roseanne

Hybrid View

Question Roseanne

I’m seriously considering Roseanne for a girl, as my mom’s name is Suzanne, my mother-in-law’s name is Romeline, and I love the nickname ‘Rose’ (plus, I for one, LOVE Roseanne Barr! She rocks! And so does Roseanne Conner. She’s real) Am I crazy? Is this just an out-dated appellation that often invokes cringes from the Barr/Conner association, or could it be a gem hiding in the not-so-distant past for revival as a true individual (at least, individual under 50)?
    -an Amelia from a time before 'Amelia' was in the top 100.

Currently feeling:*Roseanne Amelia* or *Kamal Clifford*

Girls: Rose, Juliet, Roseanne
    Boys: Beres, Kamal

TTC Fall 2013!

Um Roseanne totally rocks! The only reason I would ever want to suggest someone not use it is if they would die if someone made a comment about the TV show. But since you obviously know that it rules, and since it's a beautiful classic name with family meaning & a cute nn to boot...go for it!

glad to know someone else these days appreciates the show... most people i mention it to cringe :-/ smh guess you have to appreciate crude truth in humor to love it. thanks for your affirmation!
    -an Amelia from a time before 'Amelia' was in the top 100.

Currently feeling:*Roseanne Amelia* or *Kamal Clifford*

Girls: Rose, Juliet, Roseanne
    Boys: Beres, Kamal

TTC Fall 2013!

I love the name Roseanne. I couldn't sell my hubby on it because of the Barr/Conner association, but I still love it!
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). TTC #5

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996