Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Stuck with 2 weeks to go!

Need a name for a baby sister to Lev... looking for another name that's of Hebrew or modern Israeli origin, and simple but not too common.

We have a few names that neither of us has eliminated, though not sure we love any of them:

Dania (has family significance, and I think it looks pretty, but does it sound nice? Would be same as 'Danya')
    Dalia
    Daphna
    Lior
    Ora

My longtime favorite name is Liora, but DH only likes the shorter Lior or Ora. Any thoughts?

I'm open to more suggestions! I prefer something that's feminine, not unisex, and DH prefers something short. We almost loved Aria, except that it's not quite legit as an Israeli name and we don't want to seem like we're on the 'Game of Thrones' tv show bandwagon.

A few already eliminated are Shira and Hila (taken by other family), plus Aviva, Lila, Liat, Talia.

Any help appreciated... starting to freak out here on the countdown!

Well, I was going to suggest Liora until I read the rest of your post. Not really a huge fan of any of these names. How about:

Lydia
    Phoebe
    Leah/Lia
    Diana
    Daphne
    Anna
    Anne
    Lenore

Thanks for the reply! I do love Leah/Lia if I can get DH interested, will keep that on the list.

I absolutely love Dania! I think it's just beautiful and spunky and fresh.

Liora is beautiful as well, too bad you can't get him on board with that.

What about:

Adi/Adina
    Jora - I personally prefer this to Ora
    Liat - maybe a bit more spunky than Lia
    Varda - mainly because I have a weird love of v's Varya is one of my favorites, but I think that's more Russian
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

I think it's really unfair that he doesn't like your favourite name Liora but he does like Lior and Ora. Use Lior and Ora as nicknames.

Also he says Liora is too long yet Dania, Daphna and Dalia are the same length.

Liora is my favourite. Second choice would be Dalia.