Names Searched Right Now:

Second Guessing and Need New Suggestions

As pregnant women are wont to do I'm second guessing our first name choice and I'm just wanting some new suggestions.

We've pretty much decided on Lumi (Finnish word for snow) and though middle names are not set in stone yet, we're leaning towards Lumi Katherine Alba. But my other half called the baby Lumi recently when referring to her and it felt and sounded odd and now I'm not sure about it. Probably just hormones, but as a name geek I thought I'd get some other ideas.

We don't really have any other choices we agree on. He likes Lyra, Suvi and Bronwen. I like Azure, Wylda, Ianthe and Maeve.

Any suggestions similar to these or names that you think we might like? We like shorter simple names, no biblical names and not too frilly.

Thanks in advance.
    Mum to Mousie, Foo, Bumptious and Pudding.

Lumi is gorgeous! As are basically all your other names. Could you do Alba Lumi Katherine?

Suggestions:
    Aneira
    Beata
    Charis
    Chloe
    Clio
    Ebba
    Eira
    Epona
    Finola
    Giselle
    Hedda
    Hilja
    Hillevi
    Idonea
    Ivalo
    Junia
    Lamia
    Lucia
    Melissa
    Moira
    Nova
    Olwen
    Saga
    Selja
    Selma
    Silvia
    Vega
    Vilda
    Vilja
    Xenia
    Zelda
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

I second Ottilies suggestion of Eira (especially with it's connection to snow), Nova & Silvia some other suggestions....

Tallis
    Adair
    Alette
    Arden
    Artis
    Neva
    Brisa
    Elowen
    Hala
    Inoa
    IRis
    Lilla
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Ottilie, I love Alba, but DD's name is Calla and it's too close and Alba doesn't flow as nicely off the tongue as I wish.

I've considered Vilda as an alternative to Wylda as the Finns couldn't say Wylda the way I want. But I don't think I like it enough.

Love Beata, but don't think OH does as he's ignored it on my list. We considered Eira, but decided against it. Saga just feels a bit cheesy to me here. I prefer Juna to Junia, but OH doesn't like it again.

I've met a cute Zelda here, but can't imagine using it. Vilja is interesting, but we know a lot of Villi and Ville here and it feels too similar. My cousin just had a Sylvie so that rules out Silvia for me.

Thanks, will ponder your list and any other suggestions and see if anything sticks.
    Last edited by malk; May 23rd, 2013 at 02:24 PM.

Alexa, thanks.

Neva is interesting, but just looking it up it means bog in Finnish, so couldn't use. Love Iris, but OH has vetoed, same with Elowen.

Arden is too similar to son Aidan. Tallis is interesting as is Brisa. Thanks.