Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Pearl or Ashanti?

They are both beautiful and feminine but very different. So which would you pick if you had to between the two and why?

They are definitely very different, and choosing one would set a tone for naming any additional children. Since my first child had a conventional name, which limited my future choices, I am going to go out on a limb here and say Ashanti! While I adore all my kiddos' names, I'd love to be able to choose more unique, ambitious names.
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). TTC #5

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

Pearl, definitely! Ashanti is pretty but it's very associated with the singer, and it's an uncommon enough name that it would seem like a very direct connection...like naming your child Oprah or Beyonce...it would be hard for the name to really be hers without it constantly being associated with the celebrity.

Pearl is uncommon but more familiar as a name, it is elegant, feminine but not super frilly, just a real winner...brings to mind the delicate details on an heirloom piece of jewelry or a renaissance gown, yet is also reminiscent of the sea in all its spectacular glory. Love it.

Pearl! I think Pearl will give you more options for naming future siblings. It's feminine without being over the top, with a sleek vintage vibe. I agree with the above poster that Ashanti is tied too much to the singer and I can't really think of any other girl names for future siblings that will really go. Ashanti is a beautiful name but a little too trendy for my taste.
    Last edited by jebaldas; May 23rd, 2013 at 01:46 PM.
    D.S. lil Bam Bam

Quote Originally Posted by niftylavalamp View Post
    Pearl, definitely! Ashanti is pretty but it's very associated with the singer, and it's an uncommon enough name that it would seem like a very direct connection...like naming your child Oprah or Beyonce...it would be hard for the name to really be hers without it constantly being associated with the celebrity.

Pearl is uncommon but more familiar as a name, it is elegant, feminine but not super frilly, just a real winner...brings to mind the delicate details on an heirloom piece of jewelry or a renaissance gown, yet is also reminiscent of the sea in all its spectacular glory. Love it.
    This 100%! Pearl is so sweet

♥ Clara Dean Lucy Dominic ♡

Feel free to ask me anything about saints names