Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Elena vs. Elaina (to honor Elaine) and is this name to similar to Delana?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Elena

11 64.71%
  • Elaina

6 35.29%
  • Yes

11 64.71%
  • No

3 17.65%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Also, if you use it, I would talk to your brother and his wife first so there aren't any hard feelings. Even if you and your hubby think it isn't too similar, they might not agree.
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). Expecting #5 in May 2015.

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas, Desmond, Jasper, Ezekiel
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista, Miriam, Isabelle, Delilah

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

Maybe a variant? Alina, Helen, Eleni, or Eliana?
    Zoe Milena
    9/12/14

Eliana is a great suggestion!
    Cora Madeleine | Gwyneth Rosalie | Hazel Matilda | Margot Eliza | Sylvie Miranda | Vivienne Esme
    Archer Daniel | Emmett Sebastian | Ezra Donovan | Jasper Felix | Leo Vincent | Rhys Anderson

For an honor name I'd go with Elaina though I personally like the look of Elena better. I say them the same.

Under normal circumstances I'd say the names were too close (another reason to use the spelling with and I). How often do you see them? Would you be willing to have your family call her something like Elaina Cate?

Thank you all for responding!

I like Ellie, but my good friend's dog is named that...haha

I am close with my SIL and brother and they like the name and are completely fine with it. But I definitely agree that they are similar and I would want her to have her own 'identity.'

I'm not a fan of Helen...Eliana is okay, but DH doesn't like it

Elaine can be the middle name and she can have a different fn as well, so any suggestions for those?

I like the way Alina sounds..but would prefer the E in front..maybe Elina? (is it pronounced E-lean-ah? or E-lyn-ah? I'm not good at typing pronunciations...)