Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bonnie?

Bonnie?

I am trying so hard to find a girl name that I love.

My grandmother's name is Bonnie. I have (strongly) disliked her name all my like...until I was driving home yesterday and realized that I might love it instead of hate it! I KNOW my husband is going to have a bad first impression when I bring it up, but if I can bring him to think through to the second impression...I think it might be the name we have been searching for. I want to be fully prepared when I talk to him though.

My biggest concern is that it isn't dated enough to be classy. It has a beautiful meaning, family sentiment and goes great with my naming convention. My other kids' names are Rowen and Colt. Rowen, Colt, Bonnie.

What are your thoughts?

I've always liked Bonnie, to me, it brings up an image of a little pioneer girl. Gone With The Wind isn't too bad of a connection either. To me, it's one of the few names that end with an "ee" sound that doesn't sound too nicknamey or little girlish. I also thing Rowen, Colt, and Bonnie would be adorable together!
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~ Lux ~

I like Bonnie, and, to me, it isn't too dated. However, that is probably only because we have a very young, alive, passionate Bonnie on my newspaper staff. I think the name works well!

I think that if you like it and it has personal meaning to you, then you should use it!

Honoring a grandparent is such a special thing to be able to do. I'd say to use it in either a first or middle spot. Personally, I feel it's a bit dated off-the-cuff, but who says your little girl can't bring it back?!