Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thoughts on Rowen or Rowan for a girl...

What do you think of Rowan for a girl? And is it Rowen or Rowan?? Thanks!

I think Rowan is slightly more feminine, although I prefer Rowen, and I like that name on a girl a lot. I think of it as a spunky kind of name, but would you consider Rowena nn Rowen/Rowan? It has the Harry Potter connections, which is one negative, but it would help avoid gender confusion for her.

As a student teacher I once spent two hours running around fixing paper work for a little Rowan (she'd be in 2nd grade now) who had gone into the system as a boy. It was a nightmare to fix. It never occurred to anyone that it wasn't a boy's name. I think Rowena nn Rowen accomplishes the same thing without dooming the girl to a lifetime of correcting people.

I don't like Rowan on a girl as its one of my favourite boy names, but I'll second the idea of Rowena with Rowa/en as a nn.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

Quote Originally Posted by hanniekitt View Post
    I don't like Rowan on a girl, but I'll second the idea of Rowena with Rowa/en as a nn.
    I third this.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!