Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

I think we have our boy's name finalized...

It was some sort of miracle, but my SO and I both equally love the name, and neither one of us feel like we are having to compromise with the other. It feels very much like a win all around.

Desmond Sanders

Sanders is to honor my mom, Sandy, who passed away 2 years ago this week. Desmond doesn't have any real meaning to us, but it does fulfill all of the boy name requirements that I have. It has quite a bit of swagger, but it also possesses a bit of stylish-nerdiness. I can see a Desmond as a drummer in a band, an architect, an accountant, a surfer, or a CEO. It's a name that I don't feel will limit him in any way during his lifetime. That was one of my main concerns. I also love that it's a widely known name, but not incredibly popular. I think our family and friends will find our choice to be quite unexpected, hopefully in a good way I am not sure I would have come to this choice without NB?

I love the nn potential of Dez or Dezi while he's a little guy. BTW, would you use Des/Desi or Dez/Dezi??

We are both so in love with our girl's choice, Ione Marin, but we couldn't find a boy name that excited us as much until now. We are really thrilled with this name and the combination. It feels like a huge weight has been lifted.

Now just about 6 weeks to see which name gets used...
    Mama to
    Desmond Sanders, born 7/2013
    and dog son, Lambeau