Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

I think we have our boy's name finalized...

It was some sort of miracle, but my SO and I both equally love the name, and neither one of us feel like we are having to compromise with the other. It feels very much like a win all around.

Desmond Sanders

Sanders is to honor my mom, Sandy, who passed away 2 years ago this week. Desmond doesn't have any real meaning to us, but it does fulfill all of the boy name requirements that I have. It has quite a bit of swagger, but it also possesses a bit of stylish-nerdiness. I can see a Desmond as a drummer in a band, an architect, an accountant, a surfer, or a CEO. It's a name that I don't feel will limit him in any way during his lifetime. That was one of my main concerns. I also love that it's a widely known name, but not incredibly popular. I think our family and friends will find our choice to be quite unexpected, hopefully in a good way I am not sure I would have come to this choice without NB?

I love the nn potential of Dez or Dezi while he's a little guy. BTW, would you use Des/Desi or Dez/Dezi??

We are both so in love with our girl's choice, Ione Marin, but we couldn't find a boy name that excited us as much until now. We are really thrilled with this name and the combination. It feels like a huge weight has been lifted.

Now just about 6 weeks to see which name gets used...
    Mama to
    Desmond Sanders, born 7/2013
    and dog son, Lambeau

Great choice! Desmond is a favorite in our house as well. Personally, I prefer Des/Desi, but the z does give it that zippy cool factor. Desmond Sanders and Ione Marin are both gorgeous names. Good luck and congrats!
    Considering...
    Annika, Artemis, Bianca, Catherine, Evadne, Felicity, Gwendolen, Isabeau, Isadora, Juniper,
    Lorelei, Lyra, Octavia, Pandora, Petra, Sunniva, Thisbe, Thora

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian, Conrad, Damian, Desmond, Evander, Everett, Ezra, Griffin, Gwydion, Malachi,
    Peregrine, Phineas, Theodore

click for my name lists
    our furbabies: Sebastian and Oleander

Great choice!
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Caroline

Very nice. Desmond was on our short list, too, for many of the same reasons you mention. We would have used Des as the nn. I think it pairs very nicely with Sanders.
    *Mother to twins Charles and Samuel*

Desmond Sanders is the best suitable name for your kinds. It's unique names and modern type like celebrity name. I appreciate your choice to select the Desmond name to your kids.