Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jmo2 View Post
    I think the hyphen helps keep the names together until it isn't needed because it is assumed that it should be said together. I don't know if your names work as double names, in my opinion because they have too many syllables and are more sophisticated names. John, Paul, & Anne are all one syllables and I think that makes it easier to pair them up as one ( even with the two syllable Marie)
    I couldn't have said this better. I know a Mary-Katherine and no matter how much her parents tried it always got shortened to Mary-Kate or Mary-K (even MK). It was just too long. For double barrels to work in full in the long run they need to be short and sweet names.
    ...if my husbands has no vote, then....
    Endora & Lorelei / Dexter & Gideon
    ...we are newlyweds and not trying...yet...

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    I don't mind double barrelled names if they flow well. Anna Beatrix is lovely with its 2-3 syllable count. The other two on the list are too long and both names end in "a". If you want both names, I would use a hyphen. People always seem to shorten two names to one.
    I second this. And Anna-Beatrix is truly lovely. Furthermore, it's no longer than something like Anna-Maria, which most people would consider acceptable.

Anna Beatrix is really lovely.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin