Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Iris?

Iris?

Whadya think? I always liked it but only as a middle name because I don't like the lack of nickname potential but lately I've been into mythological and nature names and this hits both of those on the dot. What do you think of it? Would it seem too old-ladyish to non-Nameberries?
    Felicity ~ Calista ~ Claudia ~ Beatrice "Betty" ~ Carlotta ~ Millie ~ Cora ~ Audrey ~ Violet

Calvin ~ Jude ~ Miles ~ Oliver ~ Roscoe ~ Benjamin ~ Leo ~ Adrian ~ Isaac ~ Colin

Please rate my namelist! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9831814

I don't think it is too old-ladyish. IMO, it is just the time for Iris to return from being an old lady name. They are beautiful flowers as well. Iris Genevieve is a lovely combo.
    ~Mehri

I love Iris! It has been near the top (or at the top) of my list for a number of years now.
    Lucia
    Eleanora, Iris, Maeve, Sela
    Balthazar, Bastian, Caius, Gideon

Love , love , love Iris!
    Nature, (one of my fave flowers) Mythology and Shakespeare . Only wish my SO felt the same. As for nns Issy? Irie?

LOVE Iris! I think the flowers are beautiful and Iris works really well. For years I have found it a bit harsh as a FN (not sure why?), but I love it as a MN! I think Claudia Iris would be fabulous, if you don't already have a MN picked out. I like Violet Iris, too, but it's quite "EYE" heavy (and flower heavy!).
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George