Names Searched Right Now:
Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Thread: The Roo Redo

For what it's worth I still sometimes question whether Gemma is right for my daughter. Sometimes I feel maybe it's just her middle name Hermione that doesn't feel right. That part is truly ironic since I was so freaking adamant that Hermione be in the name. I've tried to consider a different middle name, but so far nothing. Sometimes I just think Genevieve would've been the better choice. I loved your Illyria so much that if I ever do decide to switch her name to Genevieve I would likely use Illyria as the middle. Genevieve Illyria, it's all the romance I love that Hermione seems to fall short of.

However, I also consider that maybe it could be just that I love so many names still and she is my last child. I knew it would be hard. It wouldn't be a decision I made lightly. That's how I'm sure you're not making your decision lightly either. I don't have any suggestions, but I wanted to comment to simply to support you and let you know that you can love your child's name and still regret it all at the same time.
    Not so done having children after all. We're not ready for TTC quite yet but when we do get pregnant,the husband handed sole naming rights over to his name obsessed wife!

If it's a boy: Tristan Ambrose Galahad
    If it's a girl: Genevieve Claire or Josephine Adele

Ottilie (and Roo), congrats on deciding ! Aphrodite is so gorgeous, stunning, dramatic, and magical... It was the one I'd been hoping Roo had chosen. I definitely think you should keep Illyria. I'm in the middle of reading Twelfth Night and loving it, so while I would never even have thought of using Illyria as a name, I love the idea. Also, I'm not a Tabitha fan. Aphrodite Illyria Wren is lovely; I also love PPs' suggestions of Aphrodite Illyria Maris and Aphrodite Illyria Sargasso.

And Emma, amazing poem!

Okay, I'm getting a little too excited here... I have the tendency to do that, especially when it comes to names...
    Last edited by bonfireazalea; May 28th, 2013 at 09:23 PM.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

Emms!! Your poem is BREATHTAKING! I've never even met Roo and I got emotional on her behalf. I officially plan to commission you for each of my future children. You could make a living

Otteroo, I'll be back later with suggestions for middles, but my current favorites are Aphrodite Illyria Wren, Aphrodite Illyria Willow, and Aphrodite Charis Illyria. I do love the idea of keeping Illyria in the mix to tie in to her original name. It was always the most magical of the three, and a favorite from the very beginning.

Overflowing with love for the new name,

Sesshie
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

I LOVE Aphrodite! I'm so glad you went with this; its a beautiful name with such power. I really am rooting for Aphrodite Illyria Wren! Its WONDERFUL!!
    aurora- autumn- ashwyn- bambi- bernadette- calliope- emmalou- henriette- indigo- ione- january- lark- leela- llewellyn- lydia- marnie- molly- narnia- noelle- oralee- penelope- philomena- rain- raven- roxy- ruby- snow- tessa- thora- waverly- willow- winter- wren- zoe | abel- aesop- angus- banjo- bartholomew- bear- bruce- burkley- darwin- elliot- finn- flynn- foster- henry- indigo - knox - laszlo - lyle - navy - nemo - noah - otis - oakley - rainn - thatcher - thomas - thompson - titus - zen

Congrats on choosing her first name! Obviously, it's your choice, but I hope you keep Illyria in the middle! It's such a beautiful name. I also like Aphrodite Illyria Wren; I don't think Wren is too plan to go along with the other two names. Good luck with the rest of her name. I can't wait to have children and name them, but I'm also a little scared, especially if I end up with name regret! I'll definitely be enlisting the berries' help whenever the time comes for me.
    Girls: Cordelia, Phoebe, Rose

Boys: Lucian, Alexander, Liam