Names Searched Right Now:
Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: The Roo Redo

Thanks everyone!

Blade; I've actually been secretly in love with Stella Maris as a middle for some time, but in reference to the North Star And I agree, something like Zenobia and Faramond would work rather well.

Reverie; I see what you mean

Monnie; yes, they can be stupid sometimes! But he insists she's his child as well, so I don't really have a choice...

Svea; Aphrodite Illyria Wren is lovely!

Pink; I understand what you're saying. That's why we're planning on giving her normal-ish (not exactly Jane, but you know) middles, especially if we go with Aphrodite. She might be a little shy growing up, if she's like us, but not a lot. And I've got a feeling she'll be a little beauty, so I think she can pull the names off whether she's a park ranger, scientist or librarian.

Zelia; thank you! Yes, she's got good taste. Aviaja is beautiful! I am putting it on my list for future babas! Aphrodite Illyria Pomeline is lovely, thank you very much!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Aphrodite is gorgeous! And I think it can be both sweet and spunky. The one thing it can not be is plain/inconspicuous. But this brings up the question of how much a name affects a personality. And how parents, with certain dreams and visions for their child, choose a name that is the first step in where they are guiding their child to go. I have no answers, but I just think the question of whether or not it will fit some hypothetical personality is just impossible to predict. The one thing I think parents need to be aware of is how a name can affect a person through the stages of life (can this name that is so adorable on a little one be appropriate on a judge? on someone running for office or running a company? on someone applying for a grant?)

That being said, I love Aphrodite! I also really love Pomeline, but to me that seems more summery than spring. Here are my favorites (and I've never dealt with 2 middles before and am finding myself terribly overwhelmed, so I'm just doing 1 middle with a blank)
    Aphrodite Illyria _______ (best fit?)
    Aphrodite Morgana _______ (this one has a more "serious" middle that can be used for aforementioned judge/senator/CEO)
    Aphrodite Ophelia ________ (guess I like the 1st middle to end in -a; also...too watery?)
    Current favorites: Olive, Louise/Louisa, Magdalene/Madeline, Phillipa, Talitha, Mallory, Blythe, Eliza, Mercy, Talia; Calvin, Charles, Gideon, Abram, Jude, Reuben, George, Reid, Clark, Holden.

I wrote you a little ditty on the subway:

Aphrodite Aphrodite
    Sleeping in your white lace nighty
    Snowflake-delicate but mighty
    Aren't you happy Mama's flighty?
    But for that you'd be a Beatrice
    Or Diana like the huntress
    Theodora ancient empress
    Cleopatra the seductress
    Niniane the enchantress
    Rosalind the duke's fair daughter
    Always loyal. But your laughter
    Had a wildness, had a blueness
    Aphrodite? Something to this
    Shining, joyful, seafoam name
    Aphrodite free of shame
    Blessings on your scallop shell
    Little Roo I wish you well.

Oh my gosh Emma that is the cutest thing I have ever read!
    Aphrodite is a great choice. As long as she keeps responding to it, I think it will be a perfect fit for her. Roo you have very good taste my dear! =]
    Dominic James~ (4)

Gabriel : Jude : Phineas : Sebastian
    Elena : Felicity : Lavender : Julia

Um Emma, when I have kids I'm going to be asking you for poems for them as well. The ditty is darling! (Otter I hope you write this down for her and put it in her baby book).
    CONSTRUCTION ZONE!!!
    maybe Endora, Dexter, Gideon & Lorelei
    Newlywed (Not TTC...yet)