Names Searched Right Now:
Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: The Roo Redo

Aphrodite, yay! Aphrodite Illyria Wren, perhaps?

Crushing on
    ♥ Rosa ♥ Milvie ♥ Elsie ♥ Flora ♥ Inga ♥ Adele ♥ Fionn ♥ Odin ♥ Ingo ♥ Thore ♥ Ellis ♥ Vilme ♥

among others

~ From Sweden - Feel free to ask if you want to know anything about Swedish names! ~

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post

Pink; no offense, I see what you mean! I know some of them are a lot, but I'm kind of an over the top person...
    I say this as gently and as possible, but what if baby isn't an over the top kind of person? What if she's a meek, timid, wallflower? This is my concern. Aphrodite (amongst the many beautiful names on your list) is stunning, but I imagine it making life more difficult for someone who is painfully shy.

I can also only imagine your names on a certain type of child. Just to try to give you an idea of where I'm coming from, I loved the name Beau for a son. Loved it. Couldn't picture him being named anything else. Until my Dh asked me could I imagine a middle aged lorry driver with a beer belly called Beau..And I couldn't! I could picture it on what I hope any son of mine to be - mannerly, educated, charming, and handsome. But not being able to imagine the name on a person from any walk of life was enough for me to nix it.

Anyway, I truly adore all of the names on your list, I really do. I can tell you are putting a lot of thought and effort into finding the right name. As I said before, I'm probably the wrong person to chime in because I'm gutless when it comes to using unusual names - The most out there on my list are Anastasia, Luna and Cyrus and I'm nowhere near brave enough for those! From what I've read on NB I'm far more gutless when it comes to names compared to most members here, which is why I thought I'd comment, just to show the other side of the coin.

Best of luck choosing, ottilie. I'm sure whatever it is, it'll be truly stunning xx

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.

i don't see you with a 'lorry driver with a beer belly' son though, lol.
    Excludes my top 7 girls and top 7 boys names.

girls reserve list - Lucia(loo-see-a) - Orla -Kitty (katherine) - Iris - Celia - Ilona(ee-low-na)

boys RL - Caspar - Tristan - Rowan - Charles (not charlie)

Note: Official names in brackets and they are just that 'official'.

Quote Originally Posted by leona23 View Post
    i don't see you with a 'lorry driver with a beer belly' son though, lol.
    I don't imagine a son of mine would be a lorry driver either but you never know, lol One of the most important things to me is that I can imagine the name on any type of person, from a politician to a student, to an artist, and so on

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.

I'm gonna agree with your daughter here Ottilie, Aphrodite is an absolutely wonderful name - definitely my favourite of the three

I was gonna suggest Aviaja or Aviaaja which is a beautiful Greenlandic name believed to mean several things including "cousin", "little lady", "little flower", "loved by everyone", "beautiful sound" etc. (basically, it's not known exactly what the name means, but the most persistent meanings I've heard are "cousin" and "loved by everyone").

Aphrodite Sybilla Zenobia, Aphrodite Illyria Zenobia, Aphrodite Illyria Pomeline and Aphrodite Pomeline Zenobia are all lovely combinations IMO
    Zelia/Elja • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and a royalty blog
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names.
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"