Names Searched Right Now:
Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: The Roo Redo

I'm really starting to love Aphrodite now! It's a beautiful name, but one I never found usable... until now; I can totally see you using it, Ottilie. I like Calypso and Callisto but the O endings make them feel a bit masculine to me. What about Callista/Kallista?
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

I really like Pandora

Pandora Melusine Willow
    Pandora Amethyst Willow

are both lovely

to be Pandora seems light and sweet and I feel these combinations have that airy, blue , winding river feel to them.

I'm really hoping Alcyone is the one that fits your Roo best! Though then I have to accept the loss of Circe since the two have similar sounds about them. I really wish Ceiridwen had stayed as a contender since it is such a beautiful name that I will never be able to use as it is one of my best friends names. But I really like Alcyone Illyria Venus.
    ~ Bridget May Jemima ~ Tove Mercy Josephine ~ Circe Ruby Adelaide ~
    ~ Reuben Lionel Calloway ~ Samson Arley Peregrine ~ Isaac Crispin Jericho ~

Hello i have randomly thought of two names for you! Danae or Tansy?
    Excludes my top 7 girls and top 7 boys names.

girls reserve list - Lucia(loo-see-a) - Orla -Kitty (katherine) - Iris - Celia - Ilona(ee-low-na)

boys RL - Caspar - Tristan - Rowan - Charles (not charlie)

Note: Official names in brackets and they are just that 'official'.

Thanks my lovely dudettes!

Roxanne, Blade, Ren, Ess, Lex, Penelope; thanks, as always for your opinions and support.

Emma; mmm, love your descriptions... I can almost smell the name now...

Angel; yes, I like pretty much everything associated with Aphrodite (also emeralds!).

Whirli; you are beyond adorable! Yes, nickname will still be Roo (as in little Roo from the A.A. Milne stories).

Blueberrya; thank you. Raewyn is quite pretty, but not really my style. I'd prefer Raven but I know like ten Raven's.

Reverie; yes, I do like Alcyone very much, it's one of the most beautiful names I know. And I agree about Calypso, too. Amy is a very smart girl!

Bonfire; Callista is too girlie for me... I don't think Callisto is masculine at all, but it is indeed a male name in Italy.

Littlered; yes, that's my main problem with Alcyone. Then I won't have a little Circe in the future... and I'd love a little Circe someday.

Leona; Danae is very pretty (but very golden) and Tansy sounds like a 1800 pleasure girl to me.. like Fanny Hill.

We've tried the names out for two days now, and it's been so much fun. We're by no means done yet (we need more time) but we think she might've chosen her own name. Whenever I say one of the names she smiles and makes these adorable little happy noises! I've tried saying it in many different ways, but no matter what tone it's in, she lights up when she hears it! She hasn't had any particular reaction to any of the other names. Hmm... still contemplating though... although this would kind of give me an out. If she hates it when she grows up I could blame it all on her - or would that be mean?

Thanks again, honeypies, nameberry is the best!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]