Names Searched Right Now:
Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: The Roo Redo

Ottilie I cannot get Tabitha Wren out of my head, such a stunning combo. I've never considered Tabitha before but with Wren its brought to life, if you don't use it I may steal it ( not for a good few years yet though). Seriously gorgeous!!

Still think Pandora Tabitha Wren is the best of your combos.
    Mum to Jude Michael

I like Calypso quite a bit (some of the sound-similars are nice too-- Callista, Calixta, (sp?) etc). It has a nice sound quality to it.
    Alcyone is nice too. I think that could definitely work for you.
    Aphrodite I'm not a fan of. Venus isn't my favorite either, but it feels a bit more down-to-earth then Aphrodite to me. Aphrodite feels a bit too much like an in-your-face beauty name to me, a beauty who flaunts it.
    After letting it settle a bit, I think my original expression of Pandora has changed a bit. I like it more than previously expressed.
    And whatever name you choose, don't let Illyria slip away! That's possibly my favorite of all the various names in the mix.
    I wish I had some more suggestions to give you, but I feel like any name I could suggest that you would like has probably already been on your radar at some point.
    Updated Name List- http://www.ebabynames.com/list/eff115- Vote away...

From all of your new names, I love Calypso the most. I think it's okay for you to use it.

And btw, am I the only one who 'see' Aphrodite and Venus with different colours? I know it's the same goddess, but.. for me, Aphrodite is blue/green as I identified her with her birth from the sea. Venus is golden/orange/reddish to me. Maybe it sounds weird. I do love mythology, but with Venus I always thought about the planet first rather than the roman goddess.

Sorry for being no help. I wish you find the perfect name soon and, hopefully, keep the Illyria part. Unlike Rosalind, it's the name you love from the beginning, isn't it?!
    Last edited by c@29; May 25th, 2013 at 06:11 AM.
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair | Lucias
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Stellan | Amias

What about Ruby?

Or Rowena?
    Last edited by calista; May 25th, 2013 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lexiem View Post
    I know I'm usually a proponent of nn's not having to have to fit the actual name but man, I do find Aphrodite to be a conundrum on this front. I mean, Aphro/Afro? Adite? Apro? lol.
    Aphra or Aphy would be what I'd use.

When I say Aphrodite in a rush it comes out as 'aff-ruh-dyt-ee' anyway.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.