Names Searched Right Now:
Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: The Roo Redo

Honestly, I'm not connected spiritually, I don't sense things the way you say you do. This is a bit hard for me to grasp but if she's not a Rosalind, she's not a Rosalind! I don't judge you for needing a change, I think its great to give her a name that suits her.

I feel like I'm generally good with combos so I'll give it a shot for you. I like Pomeline the best, and also Peridot and perhaps Melusine:

Pomeline Artemis Laurel
    Pomeline Willow Selene
    Pomeline Tabitha Wren
    Pomeline Amethyst Willow

Peridot (Peri-dot or Peri-doe?)
    Dot: Peridot Artemis Selene
    Dot: Peridot Sybilla Willow
    Doe: Peridot Melusine Laurel
    Doe: Peridot Melpomene Laurel

Melusine Tabitha Venus
    Melusine Ostara Sybil
    Melusine Artemis Willow

Of your choices,
    Melusine Ostara Wren
    or
    Pomeline Laurel Ostara

I hope that helps...
    Maximus Alexander (April 2012)
    Audrey Juliet Sophia (August 2014)
    Owner of "The Art of Naming!"

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    Rosalind only appeared on our lists very soon to her birth, it wasn't a name I loved for months. I was hormonal, and (not to blame this) I'm bipolar, and my mood even on meds goes up and down, how secure or insecure I am. The last while before she was born was difficult, I was scared and I lost track of what I was really looking for in a name. It doesn't suit her, and that's why I'm changing it now before she recognises her name which she will in a few months.

Thanks again everyone!
    Actually, that makes way more sense to me personally. My friend who became my adopted sister has bipolar disorder and borderline personality disorder, and her son was renamed 3 times before he was 1. She was an extreme case, and eventually became a terrible person that cheated, lied, and stole. But I went through the naming process with her and she would decide on something, and then change it a week later throughout her pregnancy and once he was born, she had "decided" on naming him Nile (yes, like the river) and I was the only one who supported that choice, everyone else gave her grief about it and the day she left the hospital she snapped at everyone and said "I'm just going to name him Sean and be done with it!" Well, a month later she decided she hated the name Sean and changed it to Travis. He was Travis until about 6-7 months of age and then suddenly she wanted him to be called Devin. Thank goodness she stopped with Devin, and he was young enough to not remember being Nile, Sean, or Travis.

Like others have said, I don't quite understand where you are coming from spiritually but I do see colors and images in names. To me, Alcyone seems to fit your description perfectly. I still like Chloe as a middle, and of course I adore Wren. Maybe you could keep Illyria to somehow "connect" the two names... Alcyone Illyria Wren?
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

I would be sad if you didn't keep Illyria! I have to admit I am not a fan of Alcyone.

First of all , to everyone concerned about the meaning of Pandora - naming your daughter Eve is okay, but not Pandora? Just saying.

Second, I change my vote to Pandora Willow Illyria - Makes me a think of a happy, free-spirited naiad/dryad playing in the waves near a forest by the sea
    Baby boy due October 2014! Current tentative name:

Sequoia Orion

ottilie I am disappointed to hear that her name doesn't fit her spirit. I think you received more compliments on her name than any other baby in the Birth Announcements section.

I am sorry but I am not onboard with the new lists they seem very out there.

I think that you should keep Willow Illyria and add Peridot or Freya.

Did you ever read the book "The Snow Goose" it is a haunting story and the girl in the story was named Fritha, I think so this may be an option for you.

I love blues and greens and I see names in colour too and non of the names on the list had these colours in them (for me).

Blue green names

Clementine
    Bluebell
    Teal
    Liesel
    Chloe
    Corinne
    Isla
    Emerald
    Elodia

some i like
    Antonella
    Celeste
    Meissa
    Kirimei
    Seren
    Linden
    Meri
    Oceane
    Fontaine
    Elyssia (so pretty)
    Sibylla
    Last edited by rollo; May 24th, 2013 at 08:48 AM.

Mel or Lucy are a bit too common though. I mean i know your more unique then that! although at the same time children often choose their own nicknames is suppose... Luckily i have picked out names that are not too long or have nicknames that i like, so i will avoid bad nicknames!
    Last edited by leona23; May 24th, 2013 at 10:43 AM.
    Excludes my top 7 girls and top 7 boys names.

girls reserve list - Lucia(loo-see-a) - Orla -Kitty (katherine) - Iris - Celia - Ilona(ee-low-na)

boys RL - Caspar - Tristan - Rowan - Charles (not charlie)

Note: Official names in brackets and they are just that 'official'.