Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can't decide!

Can't decide!

Hi all. I've been lurking here for a few weeks searching for names and just now decided to actually break down & create an account to ask for some help, so here goes!

I'm due in early June and DH and I are waiting to find out the sex (I'm going to post another version of this in girls section). This bean will be our fourth; We already have Charles Jasper III (goes by Jasper- DH is Charlie & granddaddy is CJ), Francis Eli (goes by Frankie) & Annabeth Clare. All have at least one family name/honor a family member in some way, so we are considering continuing that with this one but I'm not totally sure I want to keep it up. Do you all think it would be weird to not use any family names after using ones in all the other names?

Here's our short list, I'd love any other suggestions you think would fit in with our style & with Jasper, Frankie & Annabeth. We're being pretty loose about names this time and are trying to be very open to any suggestions.

Jonah
    Evan
    Andrew
    Henry
    Wren
    Callum
    Theodore (I just thought of this one and haven't run it by DH yet, so this could just get kicked out the door)

At the moment, Jonah and Evan are our top contenders for a FN. Thoughts? Thanks for reading this incredibly long post, we appreciate it!

Which ones are family names and which ones aren't? You don't HAVE to use one, but since you already have for the other 3 kids, you might as well if it happens to work out well. Without knowing which are family names and which aren't, I like these:

Jonah Andrew (I like Jonah the most) **
    Jonah Henry
    Jonah Callum
    Henry Theodore (if he goes for Theodore)
    Evan Theodore

Other ideas:

Jude
    Alexander
    Michael
    Vincent
    Logan
    Judah
    Josiah
    Callan
    Kellen
    Thomas
    Maximus Alexander (April 2012)
    Audrey Juliet Sophia (August 2014)
    Owner of "The Art of Naming!"

Quote Originally Posted by karacavazos View Post
    Which ones are family names and which ones aren't? You don't HAVE to use one, but since you already have for the other 3 kids, you might as well if it happens to work out well. Without knowing which are family names and which aren't, I like these:

Jonah Andrew (I like Jonah the most) **
    Jonah Henry
    Jonah Callum
    Henry Theodore (if he goes for Theodore)
    Evan Theodore

Other ideas:

Jude
    Alexander
    Michael
    Vincent
    Logan
    Judah
    Josiah
    Callan
    Kellen
    Thomas
    None of these are family names, they're just favorites. There aren't really other family names that I would use, so if we went that route it would most likely just be initials or something like that. I love Judah and Callan, lets hope DH does too!

I think from among your choices, Henry fits with your sibset the best (Theodore also). Evan, Jonah and Callum feel too casual next to the somewhat formal sounding full names of your other kids IMO. I think Evander would fit the sibset really well, and it's an awesome name (and it seems to me it would really fit your style well)
    Updated Name List- http://www.ebabynames.com/list/eff115- Vote away...

I'm really loving Henry Theodore. It fits well with Jasper, Frankie and Annabeth too.
    mamacravings.com
    Everything a mama could want

Blessed mama to 3 year-old Elijah Myles & to 6 precious angels babies.

crushes:
    Amelia Wren, Charlotte Adair, Josepine Elise, Genevieve Ruth, Susanna Caroline, Cordelia Mae

Josiah Davis, Charles Asher, Jeremiah August, Lawrence Henry