Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Vivienne/Vivian becoming too popular??

I love the name Vivienne and it is the only name we are currently considering if this baby is a girl (we find out in 3 weeks). However, I worry about it becoming too popular. Is this something I should be concerned about with this name? Are there a lot of little Vivienne/Vivian's running around? Or newborns? Do you see this name really growing in popularity?

Re: Vivienne/Vivian becoming too popular??

We also loved the name but decided against using it because a friend just used it. I was afraid it was going to become too popular also. It is definitely up and coming.
    Sylvia Thomas (Sylvie) ~ Josephine May (Josie) ~ ???? Dec 2013

Thanks for your response!

I love the name, and do think you should use it if you absolutely want it for your child. I agree inevitably it is rising fast due to Pitt/Jolie using it. I would not be surprised to see it in the top 100 in a few years.
    Girls: Anouk, Ottilie, Faye, Lilah, Odette, Ingrid, Winnie, Winslow, Elodie, Elowen
    Boys: Everett, Auden, Sidney, Keaton, Sullivan, Lochlan, Winslow, Orson, Rowan

Don't worry about it. It'll probably get more popular in the future, but Vivian is still an old lady name to much of the general public (non name-nerds). Plus, it's so classic that while it may rise in popularity, it'll never seem trendy, which is the thing to worry about IMO. Lovely name!
    cordelia ~ jessamine ~ alice ~ louisa ~ maeve ~ julia ~ eloise ~ fiona ~ genevieve
    matthias ~ william ~ henry ~ finn ~ benjamin ~ frederick ~ leander