Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Those are all great choices. We are also Jewish and considering Jonah, Lev, Liev (Yiddish), Matan, Omri, Noam, Etrog and Lulav. I am just kidding about the last two - that's my DH's bad joke Right now, Jonah is our #1, despite the fact that it reminds me of the little boy from Sleepless in Seattle!

I loved the name Asher for years but now all of a sudden it's heading for the top 50, so we dumped that one. I also love the names Avi and Aviv, but I grew up with two of them, so the names are ruined for me (to use) due to the strong connotations. I also have family in Israel, so the following names are out for me, but might work for you: Micah, Aviad, Yoni, Nati, Natan, Eitan, Dan (pronounced DahhN), Shlomi, Guy and Ari. We had briefly considered Zev, but the more common name/spelling in Hebrew is actually Ze'ev. I don't want any pronunciation issues, so we will probably dump Liev for the same reason. And I third (fourth?) the rec of not using Cohen as a first name, not because it's trendy, but because if you or your husband are not in that tribe, it's kind of a misnomer.

Good luck - would love to hear what you end up going with!

Carmi
    Eitan
    Ori
    Ron (not like in Harry Potter, more like Roan)
    Yedidya
    Elior
    Amitai
    Idan
    Elisha
    Yarden
    Uriel
    Raanan
    Amir
    Yair
    Daniel
    Elad

Haven't seen Oren added to the list ... It's probably my number one choice should be lucky enough to have a son. I also love Zev, Dov, Avi, Ari, Uzi, Dar, Bram (okay Avram), Ascher & Ezra are both too popular but I love them, Eben, and Elan. I have an awesome Jewish baby name book, but I haven't gone through it since I'm not prego yet! Best of luck.
    “And remember, my sentimental friend, that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others.” L. Frank Baum, The Wizard of Oz

Love the name Shem

Love Lev and Yael