Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help! Need a name to honor deceased grandfather!

This will be our second child, if it is a boy we want to name him in honor of my husband's late father. His middle name was Joe, so we will definitely use it for the middle name. We are struggling with the first name... his father's favorite thing was to be in a boat or on a riverbank fishing. We would like a first name that has this as a meaning, but are at a lost for names with this meaning. Any help would be appreciated!

The frist thing that came to mind was Fisher Joe but that seems a little too on the nose. lol.

Have you considered names of fishes? My SO's fathers mn is Marlin and while not what I'd suggest it did inspire this idea.

Fish-y Names:
    Timin
    Finley
    Herring
    Gil
    Romin

Water Names:
    River
    Alton
    Carl
    Clyde
    Dylan
    Kelvin
    Marin
    Yarrow
    Caspian
    CONSTRUCTION ZONE!!!
    maybe Endora, Dexter, Gideon & Lorelei
    Newlywed (Not TTC...yet)

St. Andrew is the patron saint of fishing. Barbeau, Devere, Fisher, Fisk, and Vischer all mean "fisherman." Hope that helps!
    Mom to Matilda Ann
    Expecting a boy on June 9th!!

Thanks y'all! @lexiem yes I was afraid Fisher Joe sounded like a job title :/... I like River! Our daughters name is Dixie Mae, trying to think of names that work well with that also.

Even if his name was just "Joe", I prefer the full Joseph. Andrew Joseph or River Joseph would be great!
    Maximus Alexander's Mama
    Owner of "The Art of Naming!"