Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

Angry Hormonal Acne!!!

Hey again 'berries!

So I'm a little upset with myself right now. Or a lot. This is why - ever since I went off the bc pill, about 2 years ago, my skin has gone back to it's acne-riddled, teenage-like appearance. Huge bummer because while on the pill (for about 12 years) my skin was generally pretty great. But anyway, now that I'm preggo, it's gone COMPLETELY nuts. I'm talking (b)acne, on my throat, all over my face, UGH. Disgusting. And really annoying. So needless to say, I've been using a Clinique acne treatment kit that came very highly recommended to me by friends.

Yesterday I was looking around online to maybe find something that would work better for me, since the Clinique only seems to help a little, when I suddenly see all these warnings saying to absolutely NOT use Salicylic Acid during pregnancy! WHA??? Why the h-e-double-hockey-sticks didn't anyone mention that to me before, esp my OB??? I seriously had zero idea that it was an issue, it never even occurred to me. There's such an incredibly small amount of it in topical acne meds that I didn't think twice about it (and yes, I've only used topical stuff). Basically I'm just very disappointed - in myself for not thinking of it, and my OB for not mentioning it. I know that acne during pregnancy is very common, I would think this would be something she would discuss with all pregnant women!

Anyway, just needed to vent a little I guess and find out if any of you have any thoughts/experiences with this? Even better, since acne meds are out, does anyone have any all-natural acne treatments that actually work? I picked up a Burt's Bees Herbal Acne Treatment stick yesterday and a Shea Moisture Organic Black African Soap bar and I'm going to try both. But I'd love to hear what's worked for you? My yucky skin is seriously bumming me out.

Thanks 'berries! <3