Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Leni as nn for...?? Please help

DH & I love the name Leni for our daughter, but I'm wondering if we should use Leni as a nickname for something longer - so she has a more classic or professional name for later in life.
    2 questions:
    a)What do you think of Leni on its own?
    b)Please suggest a name that could be shortened or nicknamed "Leni"? (All I can think of is Eleanor/Lenore)
    Thanks for your help!!

I think Leni on its own is adorable. I like the cool vibe it gives off. Yet it still is adorable to me.

If you are not into going with just Leni I suggest ADELINA
    I knew a set of twins named Matteo and Adelina they called the girl twin Leni for short. I think it was the a gorgeous name with a killer nick name. And I never hear the name either so it is not popular like Eleanor has become.
    TTC #1
    Hoping to have a little Ragazzo or Ragazza soon.

I know an adorable little girl names Elena and goes by "Leni"... very sweet!!
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa

Lenore is wonderful.

Helena
    Helen
    Hélène
    Penelope
    Gwendolen
    Magdalena
    Elaine
    Lena

Leni does bring to mind Leni Riefenstahl. Great artist, but she made propaganda films for Hitler. Not sure if anyone else has that association, or if the name is common in Germany now. That and Lenny Bruce are my only associations. Oh, and Lennie from Of Mice and Men!
    Last edited by emmabobemma; May 22nd, 2013 at 03:02 PM.