Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Some of the worst on my Facebook news feed:

A$pyn B.er.lynn (why use all the y's?)
    Li@m Ax.l (I like Li@m well enough, but no)

(please ignore the punctuation, just avoiding searches)

I have a friend who really wants to name her daughter Melena.

I know many people won't know this, but because of my medical background I know that the meaning of this word is "dark sticky feces containing partly digested blood." Eww! I know it has a different meaning in Spanish, but my friend and her SO neither one have any Spanish roots. I don't know what I will do if she goes through with naming her sweet baby girl this.
    19 year old name lover
    Currently obsessed with Charlotte Eve & Jude Oliver
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by misselizabeth View Post
    ... On the other hand, I'd rather have a McKinley that have someone "use up" a name I adore. Because I am a selfish namer, apparently.
    I feel the same way! At first I get really excited to hear the name, then I get nervous they might use something I like. So when it ends up being something I would never personally use, I'm happy.
    I really don't know any people that have the same taste in names as I do. Most of my friends like names like Bentley, Neveah, McKinley. So I'm sure when I finally get around to having babes of my own I'll be the one with the weird taste in names!
    Last edited by valentine; June 25th, 2013 at 02:00 AM.
    LUCA || ALTHEA
    [formerly nj003]

It happens pretty much any time someone I know has a baby but the worst I've heard recently was a friend's relative (I don't know her) named her daughter Claxton. I don't even know what that is supposed to be.
    Mom to 2 girls ♥ Bayard McConnell "Bay" & Marguerite Davis "Maple"

My friend's older sister just named her daughter Braxlynn...

The best name I've seen on my news feed was Cole, which isn't even all that exciting. Scratch that, there's a Magnolia.

I've seen at least three Ethans, 2 Joels, 4 Annabelles... and most of my friends aren't even in the baby-making stage of life yet. So I guess my frustration has been mostly boring-choice-based. I have a friend (nowhere near procreation) who went through a Nevaeh stage, ugh. I really haven't seen any horrid choices pop up, which is surprising given the types I went to high school with (I'd expect more from the college and grad school sets), but maybe I just need to give it time!
    One little born 1/14