Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Some recent baby names of family members/friends:

Jaxin- ughhhh

Timothy- not bad, especially considering his brothers are Pierceton and Brentley

Madeline- trendy but pretty enough

Cooper- brother to Jeb- not a fan of either but Cooper is better than Jeb

Braelyn- ugh

Kinley- ugh

McKaylee- ughhhh

Amelia- trendy but pretty and classic

Rowan (male)- surprising

James and Lucas- solid enough
    Anya Angelina, Alessandra Mary, Delilah Claire, Adella India, Lydia Emanuella, Susannah Lenore, Caroline Michaela, Rikarah Jade, Liadah Cristina, Leah Cassandra, Alicia Cordelia, Eliza Francesca, Jade Antonia, Jessamine Faith, Audrina Rosemary, Shana Ariadne, Dana Rachel
    Nathaniel Malachi, Wesley Joseph, Gavin Daniel, Daniel Alexander, Lewis Malcolm, Jared Levi, Jesse Gabriel, Connor Michael, Callum Wade, Keegan Jude, Quentin Dominick, Micah Lucian, Miguel Antonio, Adam Gabriel

Well, everyone has a different naming style. Some parents prefer unique names, while others like popular, easily recognized names. As a teacher, I have seen a variety of names in my classroom. Even if a name is not one I would choose for a child, I always believe a name was chosen out of love and/or has special meaning to the parents.

My most disappointing friend named her daughter Kyn.ley Rae. Kenley is bad enough, but it grates on me every time I see that extra y. Ugh.

But this reminded me of the most sad naming story I've ever heard. I worked with a girl (she was around 16-18 at the time) who had the traditionally male name of Corbin. I asked her about it one day, and she explained that she had seven older brothers, and her parents had just assumed that she would also be a boy and had the name picked out for a boy. When she was born, they just decided to use it anyway.

I died a little inside. Not only had they just shoved off the responsibility of naming AND bestowed a boy's name on a girl, BUT they had also missed a huge opportunity! After so many boys, they didn't get excited to name a girl? They didn't CARE enough to put any effort into naming their daughter?! I don't know whether I'm more offended as a name nerd or a woman!
    - current loves -
    Genevieve - Aurelia - Penelope - Clementine - Matilda - Wilhelmina - Josephine - Cordelia
    Max - Frederick - Elliot - Gus - Atticus - Felix - Theodore - Beckett - Calvin

But this reminded me of the most sad naming story I've ever heard. I worked with a girl (she was around 16-18 at the time) who had the traditionally male name of Corbin. I asked her about it one day, and she explained that she had seven older brothers, and her parents had just assumed that she would also be a boy and had the name picked out for a boy. When she was born, they just decided to use it anyway.

I died a little inside. Not only had they just shoved off the responsibility of naming AND bestowed a boy's name on a girl, BUT they had also missed a huge opportunity! After so many boys, they didn't get excited to name a girl? They didn't CARE enough to put any effort into naming their daughter?! I don't know whether I'm more offended as a name nerd or a woman!
    What a sad story! Every child should be given the same respect. After seven boys, this lady's parents should have jumped for joy and given careful consideration in choosing her name. I can only feel for her.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I often encounter trendy names that I dislike from friends... M@disen, McKinley, O@kleigh (for girls)... And my sister married a Johnson, then named her son Bri@n (about as nondescript as you can get)... But I think the worst so far was a college friend. He's a very intelligent guy who is a voracious reader, speaks 4+ languages, writes poetry, has travelled the world, etc. He named his daughter a lovely, traditional Portuguese name. However, when it came to his son... I have no idea what happened. He named the kid after Superm@n... that's right. He named his child K@lel (with an a for the @... I just don't want this to be searchable). K@lel is Superm@n's given name on Krypton. Why would you do that to your son? Just why...
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina