Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gannon

Gannon

What are everyone's thoughts on the name Gannon? I really like it, and I definitely think it goes well with some of my other favorite boy names. My style for boys is the cowboy/western type, I would say. What are some names that you think would go well with Gannon, or are similar style to it? Some of my other favorites are Lane, Wilder, Waylon, and Beau. Thanks!

I like the name, but it was used by a girl on 16 & Pregnant, and there's talk that she's getting a part in a spin off. I think Gannon will definitely rise because of that. Bentley was used by a mother on the series in 2008 and it rose in ranking from 937 that year to 75 in 2012- a pretty meteoric rise for just four years! I'm not sure I'd want a name with the potential to become that trendy.

I am ashamed that I know that much about 16 & Pregnant.

Gannon is really random unless it's a family name... I'm not sure how I feel about it, but I don't get a cowboy vibe from it.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    History student, name nerd, and general geek.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Caroline

My first thought was yogurt and then explosions (Dannon & cannon).

I see the cowboy/western style in your other names, but not in Gannon. It's not absolutely horrible, but I think he'd be correctly people all the time who hear it wrong.

With the rest of your list I'd add: Clayton, Judson, Zeke, Wyatt, Duke, Lawson, Colton
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

I'm not a fan, all I think of is gammon.

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.