Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Mabel?

Threaded View

Mabel?

I’m wondering what everyone thinks of the name Mabel.* I find it to be sweet and spunky, and similar enough to Hazel to feel familiar to people.* However, now that we are getting closer to having to choose a name for our little one, I find myself being nervous of our choice.* We’re not discussing names with friends and family now that we’re expecting but I have, in the past, mentioned Mabel to a friend.* Her gut-reaction disgusted look has been sticking in my brain.* Will everyone have this reaction as they look at my precious baby?* I know that we will never please everyone with our choice, but it pains me to think everyone will be disgusted by it.* I don’t want to saddle my child with a name that everyone else sees as awful.

Our last name rhymes with “March”, but starts with a B.* I’m also not sure if the double b sounds will be a problem.* I’d really appreciate any honest feedback you could give me.

We’re not completely settled on middle name, but it will either be:Mabel Adeline “Barch”

or

Mabel Adeline Alice “Barch”

The middle names are set, we’re just deciding on one or two names.* They are our grandmothers, so they are very important to keep.

Thanks so much, Berries!

ricamaca