Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hispanic type names

My first post, so Hello!

I'm 39 weeks pregnant, and still have no idea what to call our boy! Assuming of course that it will be a boy and the sonographer didn't make a mistake...!

Anyway - looking for some inspiration for names that work well in English and Spanish. OH is quite taken by the name Felix Nathaniel, and I like the idea of Gabriel as a first name - although I'm well aware it might get shortened to Gay in the playground (character building, no?). We also have Luca on the list, and Caspar. But I don't know!

Does anyone have any other ideas???

thanks!

How are you pronouncing Gabriel? I prefer the lovely gah- beginning, which shouldn't get shortened to Gay. I wouldn't purposely give a child a teasable name to build character, personally.

I like Felix Nathaniel or Luca Gabriel.

I love Mateo, augustin and Hugo.

I know quite a few elementary aged Gabriels, I've never heard any of them shortened to 'Gay' most go by Gabe. That being said personally I prefer Caspar and Luca I think they're both very handsome!
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

I really like the nickname Gabi for Gabriel... and honestly, I know guys named Gaylen who've survived, and my aunt's name is Gaye so I don't think it'd the end of the world to have 'gay in a name.
    I love Caspar myself! Felix Nathaniel is great, too.

Bruno
    Cayetano
    Gonzalo
    Feliciano (this is pretty dated, but I like it anyway)
    Hugo
    Leo
    Matias
    Oscar
    Ruben
    Tristan
    Yago
    Lucia
    Seraphine, Jemima, Leonor, Seffora, Eulalia
    Edmund, Marius, Joscelin, Earnest, Caspar