Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Penelope.... with our last name?

Hi Berries! I posted a poll of our top 4 girls names, (Margaret, Vivienne, Beatrix, Penelope). Most everyone really likes Beatrix and Vivienne the best, and Beatrix is my current #1 favorite. However, DH really LOVES Penelope, and I do too! I think Penelope is just the kind of name we are looking for and goes great with brothers Sebastian, Oliver, and Elliott. The only problem I see is our last name, Payne-Wardle. Big brother already has this last name (oldest 2, have a different last name altogether as they are my children with my ex-H). DH actually likes the way Penelope Payne-Wardle sounds, he loves alliterations. He was so sweet saying it sounds like poetry to him <3 Anyway, so here I am again, asking fellow name-nerds if it does sound bad, or good, or whatever you think.
    Last edited by lizzyq; February 4th, 2014 at 03:09 PM.
    Mom to three boys & Expecting #4 October 2014!!

Penelope Payne-Wardle sounds like a comic book character, but that's not a bad thing! Its memorable and sweet, I like it
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

I love Penelope and think it sounds perfectly fine with your last name. All of your names are fantastic -- you can't go wrong! But I definitely wouldn't worry about the alliteration thing. I know so many people with alliterative names, and it has never seemed like an issue. Penelope Payne-Wardle is lovely!
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (7), Genevieve Susan (2), and angel baby Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014).

Hoping to welcome another little one into our family in 2015.

Girls: Bridget, Elizabeth, Isadora, Felicity, Helena, Marianne, Violet, Penelope, Ophelia, Victoria
    Boys: Sebastian, Everett, Julian, Henry, Caspian, Desmond, Arthur, Nicholas, Anthony, Barnaby

I think it sounds just fine!

I think it's fine. I love the Penny Lane idea. (That song is going to be stuck in my head all day, now. ) Lila + Payne = Lane. Penny Lane. <3
    Madison, 14-year-old name nerd! My style is all over the place, my favorites change all the time.

Boys: David, Eric, Finlay, George, James, Jude, Lee, Michael, Paul, Richard, Rory.

Girls: Emmanuelle, Frederica, Jayne, Juliet, Lauren, Mary, Molly, Nora, Raffaela, Stella.