• Maisie

2 5.56%
  • Daphne

13 36.11%
  • Emery

1 2.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

3 weeks left! Finally narrowed FNs down!

Through much deliberation, we have finally come up with a short list of names that the DH and I both like! Obviously some of my favorites were squashed, but at least there's something we agree on! I'm looking for thoughts on the list and possible middle name suggestions for them. I have a 2.5 yr old named Oliver Rex. I was hoping for a possible cool, maybe spunky, quirky MN for our new daughter (not too frilly as a whole) and I do love nature names, vintage names, and literary connections. Some of our top names are quite popular, I've grappled with it already but some of them I've loved for so long I simply can't part. I live in NJ so none of them are terribly popular in the NYC suburbs.

Penelope- my personal favorite
    Audrey
    Esmé- is maisie a far stretch for a nickname? I have a new love for this name
    Maisie- I love it but I have trouble seeing it on a future resume.. Very nicknamy
    Arabella- DH loves this, I suggested it but it seems too frilly for me
    Daphne
    Ruby

Would love thoughts and middle name suggestions. I know the list reflects some different styles... It's more of a compilation b/w my husband and I. Thanks berries!
    Last edited by asteelmagnolia; May 22nd, 2013 at 11:51 PM.
    Magnolia Rae

Expecting Baby Girl June 2013- Oliver Rex 12/3/10

You have some great names on your list! I voted for Daphne, I think it's really beautiful, familiar yet not very popular.

Spunky mn's, hmmm... how about
    Daphne Fiona
    Daphne Cecilia
    Daphne Pearl

I voted for Ruby. I think it is adorable and fits nicely with Oliver. Oliver Rex and Ruby Arabella are a cute sibset.

I assume you've already considered this, but I love Margaret, nn Maisie, if you are looking for a more sophisticated name for Maisie.
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). TTC #5

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

I voted for Daphne, Penelope and Ruby.. I think those are great with brother Oliver. (I have an Oliver and Penelope is on our list.. Ruby and Daphne would be too if they went with the mn).

MN suggestions:

Penelope Rose
    Penelope Fern
    Penelope Meadow
    Penelope Faye
    Penelope Rain
    Penelope Willow

Daphne Wren
    Daphne Azalea
    Daphne Magnolia
    Daphne Clementine
    Daphne Sage
    Daphne Zinnia

Ruby Juniper
    Ruby Esme
    Ruby Arabella
    Ruby Athena
    Ruby June
    Mom to three boys & Expecting #4 October 2014!!

Daphne jumps out at me! I love it with Oliver. I also think Penelope and Audrey would work with Oliver.