Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lilac

Lilac

I really like Lilac as a name. We pronounce it here in the Midwest as Ly-lock. It is my moms favorite flower so it has a special meaning to me. Only problem is that I have a cousin name Lila. Is that going to be an issue? Is there any other nicknames for Lilac other than Lila?
    Names I love for my future children:
    Girls: Maisy, Nora, Josephine, Lydia, Marian, Clementine, Amelia, Scout, Naomi, Darcy, Sage, Blair
    Boys:Gabriel/Gable, Kale, Easton, Jasper, Carlisle, Joseph, Jameson, Grant, Bennett, Asher

Because you have a cousin named Lila I wouldn't consider Lilac for a first name. I feel like Lilac, which is one of my favorite girl's names as well, would be mistaken for Lila quite a bit in general. Not to mention if she has the same nickname as your cousin's name!

I can't think of any nicknames for Lilac other than Lila or Lil, which is not very intuitive.

It bums me out! I could always use it as a mn
    Names I love for my future children:
    Girls: Maisy, Nora, Josephine, Lydia, Marian, Clementine, Amelia, Scout, Naomi, Darcy, Sage, Blair
    Boys:Gabriel/Gable, Kale, Easton, Jasper, Carlisle, Joseph, Jameson, Grant, Bennett, Asher

Maybe Lyle (though it's really masculine for Lilac). How often do you see your cousin? That could make a difference in whether its too close. There are quite a few Sams (male and female) on one side of my family and that doesn't seem to stop anyone from using it. However, that side of the family is quite scattered about and only gets together on holidays.
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosalind/Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Annunziata, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell

For me it would depend on how close you were with your cousin. Personally it wouldn't deter me from using the name but if it would cause family issues than I would avoid it.
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot