Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Declan or Owen?

Question Declan or Owen?

We are getting down to it... Owen has been at the top of the list but the name Declan has been coming up. I'm hoping you can help us choose. His sibling is big sister, Ava Grace and his middle name will be Christopher. Do you think Declan is too trendy?

So..
    Declan Christopher
    Owen Christopher
    <3 Shannon
    Mama to Ava Grace and baby boy on the way

I like Owen better with Ava. I think it's because I thought Declan was Reese Witherspoon's son's name (she being a fairly high profile celebrity-Ava-mom) but it's actually Deacon. Still think I prefer Owen though.

Both are on my taste! But I choose Owen!

Those are both solid name choices. I wouldn't call either of them 'trendy', though they certainly both have been rising in popularity. I think I prefer Declan, but not by a ton. Ewan/Euan is a cool variation that I prefer to Owen.
    Updated Name List- http://www.ebabynames.com/list/eff115- Vote away...

I like Declan. Well, honestly, I love both Declan and Owen, but I like Declan more. And Ava and Declan are lovely together. I love that it means "full of goodness"! And I like Declan Christopher as a combo more than Owen Christopher, personally.

Good luck!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Eleni + Grace + Audrey + Eva + Catherine + Tess + Zoe
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Zane + Brody + Declan + Caspar + Grant + Rory + Thomas + Peter