Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this situation too weird?

OH and I have been considering using Elizabeth on a second daughter to honor a friend of his. My middle name is Elizabeth which causes two problems.
    1: I've made my dislike of Elizabeth as a middle name well known because it seems so generic there to me. I'm afraid that most people won't understand the reason behind it and differentiate the difference between meaningful first and filler middle.
    2: Will people think she is named after me? That's one thing we don't want to do. We have the same problem with Anthony as it honors family but is also a family name. We don't want people thinking they were named after us.
    Thanks for your opinions!
    If I had a baby right now they'd be:
    Isaac
    or
    Blaire

I don't think there will be a problem; other than my parents and my husband I doubt any of my friends and wider family can remember my middle name. If anyone asks, you have a perfect explanation that she was named in honor of your friend.
    Thrilled to be mother to @gnes Ei1ish Madeline and Fe1icity Bridget Be@trice

If we'd had boys the list was: Godfrey, Seamus, Alexander, Michael, Felix, Peter, Ignatius & Sebastian.

Why don't you use Elizabeth's middle name?

I think Elizabeth is ultra classic and won't be mistaken as a filler middle, especially if you use it as a first name. If you let people know during the naming process that you're naming her after your OH's friend, I don't think there will be a misunderstanding. Besides, how many people actually know your middle name? Even if people do think she's named after you, I don't think it's a bad thing.
    Mom to two beautiful boys Milo Joseph and Caleb Edward with a girl on the way

Magnolia Bowen Coralie | Luna Margaret Coralie | Poppy Susanna Lee | Flora Margot Caroline | Willa Bowen Coraline | Georgia Bowen Coraline | Elizabeth Cora Suellen "Bess"

Leo Jacob Redmond | Dashiell Elias Peter | Madison Lee | Otto Philip | Oscar Gregory Todd | Bohan Lee Matteo | Beau Thomas Matteo

Milo and Caleb (b. 5/2/12)

Haha, most of my friend's know my middle because of my hatred of it so I often get called Liz, Lizzy, Lizzy-Beth, and my dad's favorite, Lizzie Borden just to irk me.
    Elizabeth's middle name is Nicole which is totally nms and relates to a very bad incident/connotation for me. She does however go by Lizz more often that not. Maybe use a name like Eliza or something else with the nickname Lizz?
    If I had a baby right now they'd be:
    Isaac
    or
    Blaire