Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Ottilie - that's how I feel precisely. Phew!

BTW - I was touring a local prep school (ie a very smart school for 8-13 year olds) the other day and there were 5 (think it was 5, at least) Ottilies! Think it is gaining popularity over here. Or at least amongst a certain set.

How interesting - I just clicked on the link to Jezebel and apparently the name means "pure, virginal". Ha.

I love Delilah but not with Lark.. To me it just sounds a bit odd. Have you tried adding a second middle name?? Delilah ... Lark.

Delilah Isolde Lark
    Delilah Tove Lark
    Delilah Halcyon Lark
    Delilah Ambrosia Lark

All I think of is the Biblical Delilah. A tragedy, as it's a delightful name

I have a feeling this would be many people's reaction. Not everyone's reaction, granted. But most people.
    Current Favorites:
    Elizabeth Lily nn Ellie
    Mary Emmeline nn Maisie
    Sarah Evangeline nn Sadie

Nathaniel nn Nate

Quote Originally Posted by margot View Post
    How interesting - I just clicked on the link to Jezebel and apparently the name means "pure, virginal". Ha.
    Jezebel is actually another biblical woman who's treated very badly. Her name does mean maiden of Baal, or Baal exalts. I love Jezebel, she's independent, strong-willed, courageous. And as for what she did wrong; she refused to convert to her husband's faith and she made herself ready for dying according her culture's traditions. Another example of men trying to pin all evil on women.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]