Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Here goes my feeble attempt..

Because Acacia means thorny.. I like Briar. Or Thistle. Even Thorn if your last name is long and complicated. Okay that's my artsy attempt. As far as a sound alike name I know someone named Amarna and she is a beautiful person... inside and out. Hope that helps!

I didn't like my own name too so I changed it. I feel for you, really.
    I love the suggestion of Cassia and these are some names that came to mind while reading your post:
    Evangeline
    Sophronia
    Circe
    Agnessa
    Zinaida
    Cordelia(or even Cornelia)
    Gwyneth
    Cosima
    Auria
    Adelheid
    Rosamund
    Eulalia
    Talitha
    Endellientha
    Celestine
    These just popped into my head and if think of some related to Acacia...Aquila/Aqulina, Anastacia, Cecelia, Celia, Cadence... And I think you can create a special nickname: CeCe, Acia(ay-shuh), Casey, Kasia, Ai and so on.

Cassia came to mind for me too... Similar to Acacia that you would not need to change your name legally at all...but it does sound earthy yet a little offbeat and artsy and gas a very different feel to Acacia! Another option is Saskia which again similar sounds yet has a very different vibe!!! Or just introduce yourself by a spunky nickname Cici/Cash/Ace/A.J (initials of first and middle!)

I also love the suggestion of Anastasia!
    Last edited by fluzie; May 22nd, 2013 at 06:13 AM.

My first thoughts were Acadia or Arcadia, but they aren't related to Acacia in any way other than the similar appearance. It's not a far cry, though. Good luck!
    ~ Larissa

Amaryllis Joy
    Savannah Mayfair ~ Bellamy June
    Isla Reverie ~ Holiday Elise ~ Cordelia Maple
    Sage Aurora ~ Madeline Story ~ Laszlo Oliver ~ Darwin Blake
    Gideon Levi ~ Fisher Gray ~ Jasper Elias
    Simon Apollo ~ Orlando Archer
    Phineas Jack

Crushing hard... Saylor Adeline ... Siri Genevieve ... Penrose Elizabeth

The acacia plant is a symbol of resurrection, so maybe Anastasia (already suggested), Renata (lovely Italian name), Renee

Easter names could also work: Pascale, Pascaline, Ash, Tamar, Talitha (not exactly Easter, but a Biblical resurrection

I saw Cassia and Casey were suggested so what about: Kasiani, Cassiane, Keziah (nn Kizzy), Aurora
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosalind/Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Annunziata, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell