Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please Help Me Change My Name!!!

Hi there fellow name nerds... Long time lurker here.

I was hoping some of you could help me brainstorm a new name. My name is Acacia and I HATE it. HATEHATEHATEHATEHATE it. I always have. My parents didnt pronounce it correctly (uh-KAAH-see-uh vs. uh-kay-shuh although Im not fond of the correct way either...) and I finally have an opportunity to do something about it: my family and I are relocating to a different state at the end of the summer far far far away from anyone we've ever known. My husband doesnt really understand it (although he has a super "normal" name) but is supportive, so Im all set. Now comes the hard part: what to change it to.

So heres what I need my new name to be: It has to (at least semi) go with our very-italian-with-lots-of-double-consonants surname. And if possible, I would really love it to be related to "Acacia" in some way- almost like a nickname. ...Im not 100% certain I want to legally change my first name right away so if the two were related it might make things easier to explain to future employers. (I also dont have a middle name I could roll with as mine is sort of a collection of letters thrown together and phonetically unrecognizable ie. Jzupitali pronounced Jolie)

...And just so you can get a feel for the kind of names that might "fit" me- I have a degree in art, am _EXTREMELY_ creative and artsy (and a little bit weird), teach preschool, and pride myself on being super cheerful and friendly.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks so much berries!!

Do you have any names you are considering? What about your middle name or some variation of it? Or another nature-related name? It's hard to just come up with names without any feel for the type of names you like.
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). TTC #5

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

My first thought was Caci/Casie...or some variation since it is in Acacia. Or maybe Cassandra or Cassie.
    mamacravings.com
    Everything a mama could want

Blessed mama to 3 year-old Elijah Myles & to 6 precious angels babies.

crushes:
    Amelia Wren, Charlotte Adair, Josepine Elise, Genevieve Ruth, Susanna Caroline, Cordelia Mae

Josiah Davis, Charles Asher, Jeremiah August, Lawrence Henry

My first thought was Cassia. It's warm, creative, friendly, and so similar to how your Acacia is pronounced.

I'd second Cassia, but I prefer it pronounced as Cass-ee-uh, however I'm aware of the cash-uh way.

Or perhaps something light and fun (and Italian) like Aria.