Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Clomid Question

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    Tintri-- absolutely, that was the Clomid. Lots of unopposed estrogen = acne.

It is interesting that with a perfectly normal (? yes?) right ovary, you still weren't ovulating. Unless you had endometrial tissue there, too, or in the tube?
    Thank you! Glad to know I'm not crazy, or developing an adult acne problem. They did flush tubes for blockages during the lap, so it's possible that's why I never got a positive test. There was endo on the right side, but only minimal from what Dr. said. So fingers crossed that there isn't another issue going on here!

Thanks for your answers and support everyone!
    One Beloved Son - Raphael David
    Saved for Later:
    Rosemary, Phaedra, Lorena, Georgia, Theodora
    Ignatius, Lionel, Thaddeus, Laszlo, Caspian

Thank you for sharing Tintri!

Basically for me, ever since I stopped using birth control last May, my periods have been really irregular. At first I thought it was just my body getting used to being off BC, but it wasn't getting any better. Additionally, we had been TTC for about 9 months and nada. Finally, the last couple cycles I was spotting for several days before my period would come. So I finally went to see my gyno with all of these issues after my cycles were like 60 days. She did an ultrasound that showed my ovaries were polycystic. I did my Day 3 labs which came up normal. I did a Day 21 progesterone test which was very low - no ovulation. She also had me do a glucose test which came out normal. So now I have an appointment to see her on Tuesday and I'm pretty sure she'll put me on Clomid based on what she said previously. That's it in a nutshell! I'll let you know how the appointment goes and bother you with more questions maybe?!?!

Thanks again!
    TTC #1

I have taken several round of clomid. On the first round I got pregnant with my son. I took 4 rounds but have so far been unsuccessfull. We are taking a break until september at this point.

I never had regular periods and do NOT only ovulate on my own 1-2 times per year. When I was 21 I had an apendectomy and while they were in there they discovered that an area of my right ovary was covered in cysts so they removed about 1/3 of the ovary.

They have done ultrasounds, blood tests, etc. and nothing obvious comes up. No endo, no blocked tubes etc. I ovulated 2/4 times on clomid (this time around) but both times as well as the time I got pregnant with my son I ovulated 2 weeks LATE! I have no idea why... and the doc. didnt seem to know why or how either... they just said some poeple have different length cycles even on clomid.

I think I will have to go up from 50mg to 100mg to induce ovulation when we start trying again.!!

Good luck with everything! If you have any more questions I can try and help!
    boys names drive me crazy!

Thanks for sharing Backtomyroots! I'm sure I'll have more questions soon. That's great that you got pregnant with your son on the first round. I really hope that's what happens for me too!

I will probably be given something to induce my period before I take Clomid, since I skip every other month. We'll see how it goes.
    TTC #1

Thanks for your stories ladies! Good luck to you both and please message me with any questions or news!
    One Beloved Son - Raphael David
    Saved for Later:
    Rosemary, Phaedra, Lorena, Georgia, Theodora
    Ignatius, Lionel, Thaddeus, Laszlo, Caspian