Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pepper - fn/mn?

No way, a fellow Pepper-lover! It has been among my favorite names for a few years, and I too was shocked when my husband called it cute. I'm a bit eccentric, so I would have absolutely no reservations with using Pepper as a first name. There is an orphan girl in the movie Annie named Pepper, and I grew up reading one of my mom's childhood Little Golden Books about a girl named Pepper (here), so I view it as a legitimate name. When I mentioned it to my mom, though, her response was, "I would have to tell people that I have a granddaughter named PEPPER?!" She still brings it up like it was the most traumatizing thing she has ever heard. Personally I like it as a first name with a summer-month middle name--Pepper June, Pepper July, or Pepper August--because it makes me think of summer night picnics (when I hear Pepper I picture the vegetable, which is very picnicky ). I think it would be a great name choice, and I see no reason to hide it in the middle if you and your husband both love it. It's spunky, and not all that different from Piper, which is a widely-accepted name.

I love the name Pepper, but maybe you should consider giving her a name such as Penelope and using Pepper as a nickname! That way, when she gets older she could use her longer name if she wanted!

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbuglove View Post
    I did not know that the comic character's name was Virginia...how in the world did they get Pepper out of that?!
    It's from her surname
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

My dog's name is Pepper. I think that sums up my opinion
    TTC #1

Alice - Beatrix - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Harriet - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

I really like nature names so instantly love it. But for the sake of tradition I would give her a very traditional first name and then use Pepper as a middle name. Then I would always call her by her middle name.

Madeline Pepper

Catherine Pepper

Eliza Pepper

Camille Pepper

you get the idea...