Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pepper - fn/mn?

No way, a fellow Pepper-lover! It has been among my favorite names for a few years, and I too was shocked when my husband called it cute. I'm a bit eccentric, so I would have absolutely no reservations with using Pepper as a first name. There is an orphan girl in the movie Annie named Pepper, and I grew up reading one of my mom's childhood Little Golden Books about a girl named Pepper (here), so I view it as a legitimate name. When I mentioned it to my mom, though, her response was, "I would have to tell people that I have a granddaughter named PEPPER?!" She still brings it up like it was the most traumatizing thing she has ever heard. Personally I like it as a first name with a summer-month middle name--Pepper June, Pepper July, or Pepper August--because it makes me think of summer night picnics (when I hear Pepper I picture the vegetable, which is very picnicky ). I think it would be a great name choice, and I see no reason to hide it in the middle if you and your husband both love it. It's spunky, and not all that different from Piper, which is a widely-accepted name.

I love the name Pepper, but maybe you should consider giving her a name such as Penelope and using Pepper as a nickname! That way, when she gets older she could use her longer name if she wanted!

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbuglove View Post
    I did not know that the comic character's name was Virginia...how in the world did they get Pepper out of that?!
    It's from her surname
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

My dog's name is Pepper. I think that sums up my opinion
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

I really like nature names so instantly love it. But for the sake of tradition I would give her a very traditional first name and then use Pepper as a middle name. Then I would always call her by her middle name.

Madeline Pepper

Catherine Pepper

Eliza Pepper

Camille Pepper

you get the idea...