Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pepper - fn/mn?

Question Pepper - fn/mn?

So I know that Pepper is not going to be a lot of people's style but I like it and my husband didn't think it was crazy! But I don't think I could ever use it as fn but probably would consider it for mn.

My name is Jennifer Ann and there was a cartoon character when I was in high school called Pepper Ann which was my nickname for awhile, so there is some significance there. I also like Pepper Potts from Iron Man but don't think I would name a kid after her. My husband also suggested changing it to Piper but then referred to the George Lopez stand up comedy routine about kids named Dakota and Piper :-|

I had a pet chicken named Pepper when I was little...it does have a pet name/animal name vibe like something like Cricket or Honey...I do love names like that, but wouldn't saddle a person with one. Of course a girl with beauty, style & guts to spare could pull off something like Pepper, but there's no telling if your daughter might be shy. I think Pepper in the middle is cute, but I also think plenty of more classic first name choices could easily nickname their way to Pepper.

Any thing -bell, -belle, -bella, get it??? Like Annabell Pepper. Bellamy, Bellatrix or just Belle
    Patricia
    Penelope
    Pamela
    Paloma
    Petra
    Philomena
    Phillipa
    Pippa

Anything with a P. It could also work as a nickname for any unrelated first name. Especially classic names like Elizabeth or Mary I feel could carry any nickname at all.

Really, it wouldn't be so awful to have a name like Pepper, Clover, ect,

Pepper Potts real first name is Virginia Pepper is a nickname.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

I like the sound of Pepper! It's definitely a spunky out of the ordinary name that will take a certain type of personality to carry it. My kitten's name is Pippa (after Pippa Middleton... we got her during the London Olympics last year). I do prefer Pippa because it is a more recognizable name.

I am crazy over Pepper. And I do wonder if that makes me literately, crazy. ha!

Pepper Potts is the inspiration for me because hearing it on her just makes it seem more feasible (even though she is a comic character...lol).

I like Pepper for Penelope, I think that's the easiest transition. But I confess if I had a Penelope, I would be naming her that JUST to get Pepper. You could also go for the more frilly Persephone. I don't think it really works from Philippa (although Pippa does...another name crush of mine!)

I did not know that the comic character's name was Virginia...how in the world did they get Pepper out of that?!