Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Too masculine?

Too masculine?

I was looking the birth announcements at a site and I saw something that shocked me! It was an announcement of a lil girl named Wolfgang Eira Juliet!it is just me or this name is too masculine for a lil girl?

What do you think?
    “Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.”~ Edgar Allan Poe .

Um.. A bit too masculine, naming a girl Wolfgang. It'd be better if it was Eira Juliet.
    Proud creator of
    Emmanuelle, Leo Elliot, Eli Cecil, Skylla, Hian, Jules, Alicia, Nicodemus, Eamon, Andrew, Seventeen, Aurel, Blodfyr & Idra

Dagmar Selene ~ Lystra Science ~ Linde Harriet ~ Oswald Seth ~ Laurel Bellamy ~

Em, honestly, I think it's not very good discussing the name of a child already born. If she is Wolfgang, there obviously were reasons to name her that. Plus with girl Eliott, Jaidyn and Maxwell running around Wolfgang definitely stands out.

I don't doubt the reasons behind choosing that name for their daughter.I was just thinking it was weird and interesting
    “Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.”~ Edgar Allan Poe .

It would probably be much more jarring to the ears of a German/Austrian, but in the context of an Anglophone country, I'm actually more interested than put off.