Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

Figuring out a Girls name

We find out next week (hopefully) if this baby is a boy or a girl. This is our 3rd child and we have 2 girls. My husband and I are having a hard time agreeing to a girls name we both like. My husband says no to everything.

He prefers Hazel and I prefer Mabel. I love Hazel but I'm not thrilled with the popularity or the meaning.

If we go with Mabel, we can't find a middle name that sounds good with it. Our last name is basically The same as Simonsen. I like Rosalie and Louise as MN but DH isn't so sure.

The boys name we have picked out and both love is Tobias Clark.

Our girls who are 3 and 2 are: Aliza Helene (pronounced like Eliza with an A sound. Don't ask. It was a negotiation with my husband who loved the name but hated the E. he's complicated) she is named after my Great Grandmother Alice and my Mom, Helen, who passed away while I was pregnant with her. I have wanted to change it to Helen but due to paperwork issues it would be a mess so we pronounce it Helen for about the last year.

My 2 year old is Liana Eve. Again after 2 loved ones.

We name after the dead since that's family tradition and you can't name 2 children after the same person. Fortunately, there isn't really anyone to name after at this time.

So girls names are where I'm stuck. I will stop rambling and look forward to hearing your input.