Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Stellan and Breccan - Usable?

I have been really thinking about Stellan lately but I worry it's a little too out there compared to my other favorites,

Declan
    Noah
    Caleb
    Finlay
    Thomas
    Joseph
    Oliver
    Ethan
    Ronan
    Miles

I liked Breccan the first time I saw it. I really like the meaning as well which is Freckled or Speckled because I have freckles. But I also think it's a little different to my other favorites.
    Do you think sib-set are that important? For example would you feel that in the sib-set, Oliver Jude, Stellan Arthur, Caleb Henry and Hazel Sienna, Stellan was the odd one out? OR with Breccan in this sib-set, Miles Thomas, Violet Evelyn and Breccan Jude?

What are you overall thoughts on Stellan and Breccan? Would they be usable on a little boy nowadays?

Also do you feel that Stellan and Breccan are too similar? I see Stellan working better as first name and Breccan as a middle but I'm not entirely sure.

Thanks in advance.

P.S I would be really helpful and much appreciated if you could suggest boys names that don't end in N because at the moment my top five favorites all end in N and I need a change.

Anyone ... ?

Stellan is a "rare" Scandinavian name but I don't think it's "out there" (well, ok at least not here in the Nameberry world! ). I don't think any of your sibsets are odd. I quite like the mix of English, Scandinavian and Biblical in the Oliver Jude, Stellan Arthur and Caleb Henry sibset (Hazel Sienna is too much colour for my taste). Miles, Violet and Breccan are fine as well. I think both Stellan and Breccan are usable.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I really like both Stellan and Breccan. I think they are usable, cool and unique. They fit just fine in the sibsets that you mentioned. I particularly like Miles, Breccan and Stellan

I like Stellan a lot, and don't think it's 'out there' at all (similar sound quality to names like Kellan which are pretty well recognized). Breccan is definitely usable too, though I'm pretty mediocre about it. I think Oliver, Stellan, Caleb and Hazel would work fine together.
    Updated Name List- http://www.ebabynames.com/list/eff115- Vote away...