Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Middle name/ honoring of relative ideas and new additions!

So my middle names kind of just feel bland. I want something to still honor our family but maybe to revamp the names. So here are the names we want to somehow incorporate into baby's name:

Peggy
    Lynn
    Sue
    Leigh

Then, there's Cora, DH's favorite. He won't budge but I don't like it enough to use it as a first name. We decided to use two middle names, and smoosh Cora and Leigh to get Coralie, which I have seen pop up here quite often. Coralie can be the first or second middle name, we have no preference.
    Keep in mind, not every single name needs to be used except Cora/Coralie.
    We will probably end up doing two middle names but I need something to spice up these names. Also, here's our current list:

Flora
    Luna
    Poppy

Getting rid of Farrah and Willow, just don't LOVE Farrah and Willow doesn't go great with Milo. Speaking of Milo, she has two brothers- Caleb and Milo. Here are new additions:

Magnolia
    Willa
    India
    Elizabeth "Bess/Bessie" honors DH's mom
    Bowen (although Brohan is on the list for boys, I think this is our last kid!)
    Georgia

Whew! Thank you for giving us your time and dedication, it's so helpful to have other name nerds opinions!
    Mom to two beautiful boys Milo Joseph and Caleb Edward with a girl on the way

Magnolia Bowen Coralie | Luna Margaret Coralie | Poppy Susanna Lee | Flora Margot Caroline | Willa Bowen Coraline | Georgia Bowen Coraline | Elizabeth Cora Suellen "Bess"

Leo Jacob Redmond | Dashiell Elias Peter | Madison Lee | Otto Philip | Oscar Gregory Todd | Bohan Lee Matteo | Beau Thomas Matteo

Milo and Caleb (b. 5/2/12)

Peggy- Is this from Margaret? Would you consider Margaret or Margot as an option to honor Peggy?
    Lynn- Coraline might work Lynn into the name?
    Sue- Susanna & Susan are both nice. Sue is a cute spunky middle, but maybe not with a double middle? Sula?
    Leigh- pretty on it's own. Lee is nice too. Leith is pretty if you're open to modern/surname style
    Suellen smushes Sue + Lynn so maybe that could work?

Are you into Coral? I think it's naturey, pretty, bright, underused & strong. Cordelia? Corinne?

Flora- I think this doesn't work with the Cor- middle cause it's too repetitive. Maybe if you put another name between them, but still...
    Luna- I immediately think lunacy, lunatic, loon.
    Poppy- I think of Papi, like the word for father
    Magnolia- Very pretty. An uncommon choice with plenty of common nickname options for the shy types- Maggie, Molly, ect
    Willa- Pretty. Willa Coralie or Willa Coraline are very nice. Willa Corinne? Do you like Wilhelmina?
    India- Not into place names.
    Elizabeth "Bess/Bessie" honors DH's mom- Very sweet. Elizabeth Coralie or Elizabeth Coraline or Elizabeth Coral are all lovely
    Bowen- nms it's very unisex, but it's OK. Maybe Bowen would make a good 2nd middle. Willa Bowen Coraline is nice. Bowen kind of tempers the girliness
    Georgia- I LOVE THIS NAME. Georgia Coraline is nice! Georgia Bowen Coralie is very pretty. Georgia Corinne is also really pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by mothernature View Post
    So my middle names kind of just feel bland. I want something to still honor our family but maybe to revamp the names. So here are the names we want to somehow incorporate into baby's name:

Peggy
    Lynn
    Sue
    Leigh

Then, there's Cora, DH's favorite. He won't budge but I don't like it enough to use it as a first name. We decided to use two middle names, and smoosh Cora and Leigh to get Coralie, which I have seen pop up here quite often. Coralie can be the first or second middle name, we have no preference.
    Keep in mind, not every single name needs to be used except Cora/Coralie.
    We will probably end up doing two middle names but I need something to spice up these names. Also, here's our current list:

Flora
    Luna
    Poppy

Getting rid of Farrah and Willow, just don't LOVE Farrah and Willow doesn't go great with Milo. Speaking of Milo, she has two brothers- Caleb and Milo. Here are new additions:

Magnolia
    Willa
    India
    Elizabeth "Bess/Bessie" honors DH's mom
    Bowen (although Brohan is on the list for boys, I think this is our last kid!)
    Georgia

Whew! Thank you for giving us your time and dedication, it's so helpful to have other name nerds opinions!
    My suggestions:
    Flora Coralie Elizabeth
    Luna Magnolia Coralie
    Georgia Coralie Poppy
    Poppy Flora Coralie
    Luna Coralie Flora
    Flora Coralie Georgia
    Luna Coralie Poppy
    Sorry for bad English, I am from other country

Zelia/Elja • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and a royalty blog
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names.
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

Thanks guys! Peggy is not a form of Margaret but Margaret is a nice way to honor her, as is Margot.

Any other ideas?
    Mom to two beautiful boys Milo Joseph and Caleb Edward with a girl on the way

Magnolia Bowen Coralie | Luna Margaret Coralie | Poppy Susanna Lee | Flora Margot Caroline | Willa Bowen Coraline | Georgia Bowen Coraline | Elizabeth Cora Suellen "Bess"

Leo Jacob Redmond | Dashiell Elias Peter | Madison Lee | Otto Philip | Oscar Gregory Todd | Bohan Lee Matteo | Beau Thomas Matteo

Milo and Caleb (b. 5/2/12)