Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Ezra Jude is a great pairing and is more unique. But I also like the sound of Nicholas Grant. I think my official vote would be for Ezra. Nicholai would be more unique than Nicholas.
    mamacravings.com
    Everything a mama could want

Blessed mama to 3 year-old Elijah Myles & to 6 precious angels babies.

crushes:
    Amelia Wren, Charlotte Adair, Josepine Elise, Genevieve Ruth, Susanna Caroline, Cordelia Mae

Josiah Davis, Charles Asher, Jeremiah August, Lawrence Henry

Nicholas Grant - Ezra is a tad *too* religious for me, but if you are then it may be your thing. I love the nickname Nico, as well as the longer form spelled Nicolas.
    Mother to two lovely kiddos, Mila Arden and Cato Bennett

Currently dreaming of...
    Atlas Calloway, Atlas Bram, Atlas Octavian
    Lyra Marigold, Lyra Blythe, Lyra Clementine

I'd go Ezra Jude. It's great.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

I love Ezra Jude. Actually, I love both but it doesn't seem like Nicholas fits your criteria. It's a very traditional name and Nick <Italian Last Name> is particularly common.

I would think that the strongest association people have with Jude is the Beatles song. I grew up in fairly religious household and (unlike Evangeline) it doesn't strike me as a religious name. I've known too many Ezras to have a personal association with it.

I do think that Nicolas, nn Nico works better with your criteria while still being pretty traditional but you'd have to try it out with your last name. The two ending in O may sound great or weird.
    Last edited by misselizabeth; May 23rd, 2013 at 08:43 AM. Reason: more thoughts